1010music Blackbox Adds LaunchKey Integration And New Sampling/Synthesis Features
This free software update for 1010music's standalone, touchscreen sampling music workstation brings a raft of new capabilities. Here's the details.
Los Angeles, CA, November 17, 2019 - 1010music LLC has announced new 1.3 software for Blackbox - their standalone, touchscreen sampling music workstation. Their third major software release since Blackbox shipped in June, it combines 1010music’s on-going dedication to honoring user input with creative engineering to add new control, sampling, synthesis and workflow enhancements to this well-reviewed desktop music workstation.
Blackbox has received critical acclaim and is used in the studio and onstage by a number of top electronic artists. This major upgrade takes Blackbox to the next-level as your own, personal, sampler.
- MIDI Controller Learn Mode for Sample Playback Parameters:Level,Pitch,Filter Cutoff, Loop Length with Start and End Position, Slice Selection (Slicer Mode),Playback Speed (Granular Mode), Delay Time and Feedback,Reverb Decay and Damping
- Novation LaunchKey Integration: Sync with internal LaunchKey Arpeggiator
- Multichannel MIDI operation for simultaneous, multitimbral keyboard and pad control.
SAMPLING and SYNTHESIS FEATURES
- Load multiple samples per pad. Navigate to a directory and choose File: Load All
- SMPL tag compatibility (as used by Sample Robot ) to allow automatic sample mapping
- Basic Granular Synthesis.
- An extension to sample mode, control pitch, start, stop, length, loop mode, etc. per voice:
- Grain Size: 1024 to 16384 (10ms to about 200ms)
- Grain Count: 2-8
- Spread Control: Changes the amount of randomization in grain position around the playhead
- Speed Control: Alters how quickly the playhead advances through the waveform
NEW SOUND LIBRARY
22 different multi-sampled instruments created by Francis Preve at Symplesound sets that span a number of keyboard instruments: From piano to organ to FM sounds
- MIDI clock output to USB devices for arpeggiator control, etc.
- New MIDI Clock Source selection
- Copy and paste of PADS
- Recording templates
- MIDI Keys Channel
- MIDI output channel per pad
- Faster navigation between PADS and SEQS