The final announcement from Behringer at Superbooth 2018 is a clone of another classic Roland synthesizer, the SH-101. In this video you can see and hear the Behringer MS-101 in action.
It feels like Behringer's quest for world synthesizer domination was already well under way with the Model D, 808, Pro-One and ARP Odyssey clones (as well as their own DeepMind and Neutron of course). Well, this is perhaps the final announcement from the German music instrument company at Superbooth18... their recreation of the Roland SH-101: Meet the Behringer MS-101.
Our friends at Synth Anatomy caught up with Behringer to find out more about the MS-101 and hear it in action. Here's their video and the spec and details below.
Features of the Behringer MS-101
- Legendary monophonic synthesizer with authentic 3340 analog oscillator for insanely fat music creation
- 32 semi-weighted full-size keys for great playability
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs to recreate the classic sound performance
- Oscillator with 4 simultaneously, mixable waveforms: saw, triangle, square/pwm and octave-divided square sub-oscillator
- Resonant VCF can be modulated with ADSR, LFO, keyboard tracking and bender controller
- 6 FM sources allow for creative VCF modulation and unheard of filter effects
- ADSR envelope generator for incredible wave shaping
- Easy-to-use voltage controlled 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Attachable handgrip included with pitch bend wheel and a pitch modulation trigger
- Guitar strap included for live jamming on stage
- Bender assignable to VCO, VCF and pitch mod wheel on attachable handgrip
- Noise generator can be used as modulation source for distortion-like effects
- Incredible portamento function with auto mode for fantastic sound effects
- Pulse wave can be modulated by LFO, envelope and manually
- 57 sliders and switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany