HAMBURG, Germany — Steinberg has released the Steinberg Production Starter Kit. As the name implies, this hardware/software bundle includes all the essentials for recording and making music productions from A-Z.
The Steinberg Production Starter Kit features the UR22C USB 3.0 audio interface, Nektar’s Impact LX25+ keyboard, the ST-H01 studio headphones and the ST-M01 studio condenser microphone. On the software side, Steinberg’s acclaimed Cubase Artist 10.5 is the centerpiece of music productions, with HALion Sonic 3, WaveLab LE and Cubasis LE, the sequencer app for the iPad and iPhone, rounding out this bundle and making it one of a kind.
The UR22C is a two-channel audio interface with USB-C connectivity, housing two TRS/XLR combo inputs that include studio-grade D-PRE microphone preamps, two TRS outputs, MIDI I/O and one headphones output. Other highlights are latency-free hardware monitoring, superb audio quality with a sampling rate of up to 192 kHz, as well as seamless connectivity to Windows and Mac computers and the iPad and iPhone.
Cubase Artist 10.5 is based on the same technologies offered within Steinberg’s award-winning advanced music production system, Cubase Pro. The Artist edition combines audio and MIDI recording and production, with many creative tools and instruments. To complement the array of sounds and instruments already included in Cubase, HALion Sonic 3 also provides over 3,200 instrument sounds together with many effects for further audio processing.
Also included in the Steinberg Production Starter Kit are WaveLab LE 10 and Cubasis LE. WaveLab LE has the essential tools to edit any recording while Cubasis LE is a multi-touch sequencer app for recording, editing and mixing on the iPad and iPhone.
The included ST-M01 studio condenser microphone boast a wide frequency response range for recording both vocals and acoustic instruments.
The ST-H01 studio monitor headphones’ specifications deliver an equal response range, boasting accurate bottom end while extending brilliance into the high-frequency range. To make this bundle a full production solution, Steinberg partnered up with controller manufacturer, Nektar, to include the Impact LX25+ that features a 25-note velocity sensitive keyboard with full-size, piano-style keys. In addition, there are eight velocity sensitive, four-color LED illuminated pads, eight rotary pots, transport controls and more to control the software easily.
Senior Marketing Manager Stefan Schreiber commented: “The Steinberg Production Starter Kit is the go-to music production bundle for aspiring producers. There’s really a lot that this bundle has to offer: there’s the comprehensive software set for computers and mobile, and then there’s the hardware including one of our latest audio interfaces, headphones, mic and Nektar’s Impact LX25+ controller. All the gear’s compact and portable, so you can easily put it into a backpack and be creative wherever you want.”
The Steinberg Production Starter Kit is available from selected resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop for a limited time only. Time of availability will vary according to the region. The suggested retail price is 599 euros, including German VAT.
• A complete hardware and software bundle that includes everything you need to start recording and producing music with your computer
• Cubase Artist 10.5 music production system with a range of proven editing and sequencing tools based on the same core technologies used and appreciated by musicians around the world
• HALion Sonic 3 premier music production workstation with an outstanding library, including over 3,200 instrument sounds and a wide range of high-end audio effects
• UR22C 2 x 2 USB 3.0 audio interface with 2 D-PRE Class-A mic preamps and 32-bit/192 kHz support, Hi-Z input for direct recording of guitar, MIDI in and out and iOS connectivity
• Nektar Impact LX25+ compact controller keyboard with intelligent and expressive performance control and DAW integration custom-designed for Cubase
• ST-M01 high-quality studio condenser microphone for capturing vocals or any instrument, including low-noise microphone cable
• ST-H01 studio monitor headphones with close-backed design for monitoring during recording and mixing.
• WaveLab LE 10 audio editing and mastering software, providing a valuable selection of restoration and mastering plug-ins and CD burning engine
• Cubasis LE mobile music production application, designed for quick and easy operation and makes recording, editing and mixing with the iPad a breeze