The brand new Groovebox from Elektron, Model:Samples has 6 audio tracks, 6 pads, is an audio interface, an affordable price tag - plus it's incredibly portable.
It looks like a Digitakt lite. The new Model:Samples from Swedish trend-setting, music machine-making, Elektron, packs a punch and a half. This hardware groovebox offer six tracks, a sound engine you'd expect from Elektron, high-quality digital samples from Splice, dedicated knobs (read: no insane menu diving), parameter locks (automation), individual step lengths per track, and much more.
We caught up with the fun guys from Elektron at NAMM 2019 to see what all the fuss is about Model: Samples.
- Control All lets you twist your sounds to oblivion. Then use Reload to take you back to where you started
- Use Parameter Locks to automate parameters. Each step can have a totally different sound
- Load six samples at once – just like a kit. Great when you have made a Pattern with Parameter Locks, LFOs etc… Load six new samples to instantly experiment and come up with unique and unexpected results
- Write basslines and melodies using Chromatic Mode
- New Chance parameter. Chance determines the possibility whether the sequencer steps on a track are triggered or not. Combining Chance with the Control All functionality can lead to many interesting results and happy accidents
- Record sequences with or without quantization. Steps can be micro-timed with individual Swing control per track
- Individual Step Length per track
- Individual Tempo Multiplier per track
- Class compliant USB audio 2.0
Price: 410.00 GBP
Learn more about Elektron gear: https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=category/audio/application/elektron