We knew Logic Pro X 10.4.5 would support thousands of tracks, but we didn't know when it would arrive. The free update for Logic Pro X users is now available to download. Here's all that's new!
Logic Pro X is one of the more mature DAWs availble, and here at macProVideo we have hundreds of pro tutorial videos to help you get the very best out of it. After the recent WWDC we knew the next Logic update was coming... with (literally) thousands of tracks. Well, support for 1,000 tracks across the different channel types.
Happily, today, Apple has released the new update, version 10.4.5, with a lot more than we were expecting.
10.4.5 will now support up to 1,000 instrument tracks, 1,000 audio tracks, 1,000 Aux Channels, etc. When you include multi-instruments there’s a theoretical limit of around 16,000. Previous track count limits were 256. But with the extra processing made available by the new Mac Pro at the top end of Apple's range of computers, Logic is now primed to take full advantage. Ideal for big scoring projects!
In addition, there's a new DeEsser 2 Plugin, improvements to sending MIDI out via all 16 ports, and even drag and drop multiple loops from the Loop Browser into a project.
The update is free for existing owners today via Software Update.
Here's what's new:
- Optimizes performance for Mac Pro including support for up to 56 cores
- New project setting “Only load plug-ins needed for project playback” reduces load times for large templates.
- Increased Number of Tracks and Channels, up to:
- 1000 stereo audio channel strips
- 1000 software instrument channel strips
- 1000 auxiliary channel strips
- 1000 external MIDI tracks
- 12 sends per channel strip
- All-new DeEsser 2 plug-in provides more options to reduce sibilance on audio tracks.
- The Expander plug-in now offers a redesigned retina interface.
- Send MIDI clock, MTC, and MMC from Logic to up to 16 ports, each with unique settings like timing offset and plug-in delay compensation.
- User defaults can now be set up for the Mixer configuration.
- The Loop Browser can filter by loop type and allows drag-and-drop of multiple loops into your project simultaneously.
- The Recording section of Project Settings offers a new option “Auto-erase Duplicates”, which removes duplicate MIDI notes at same playback position when merge recording MIDI in cycle mode.
- Pressing Option + Shift while rubber-band selecting in the Piano Roll now creates a new time Handles selection.
- Option-clicking the On/Off button for a track now loads/unloads the plug-ins on the channel strip.
- Freezing a track now unloads its plug-ins to free up resources.
- The stand-alone System Performance window is now resizable.
- There is now a preference to display an overlay showing position when scrolling horizontally along the timeline and track number when scrolling vertically in the track list.
- Shift-double-clicking the background of the Tracks area now starts playback from the clicked position.
- Use the new Pressed filter button in the Key Commands window to see if a key combination already has a command assigned to it.
- Logic no longer quits unexpectedly:
- Sometimes when moving an ARA region during playback.
- When performing undo after using the “Adapt Project Tempo and all regions” command.
- When learning multiple Smart Controls from a Sensei Morph.
- When a EuCon Avid S6 control surface is connected.
- When choosing Shift Right in the Step FX plug-in after selecting Random Square from the LFO menu.
- When reverting a project that contains an instance of the Melodyne ARA plug-in to a previous saved version.
- Sometimes when switching quickly between projects that contain instances of the Melodyne ARA plug-in.
- Sometimes when a Drummer track is deleted.
- When a track containing an instance of Melodyne ARA is duplicated.
- Sometimes when clicking a note in Alchemy’s Main keyboard display after playing a note from the Musical Typing keyboard while editing a Source.
- When converting untagged rx2 files to Apple Loops.
- When adding more than one photo to Track Notes, or when adding a large photo.
- When clicking the Source A On/Off button in Spectral Analysis mode.
- Logic no longer hangs when export the project to GarageBand for iOS in cases where iCloud Drive is not enabled.
- Improves responsiveness of the Mixer and Event List when working with large sessions:
- Logic’s performance while the Mixer is open is significantly improved.
- Showing/hiding the Mixer is much faster in large projects.
- Changing view modes on the Mixer is now much faster.
- Logic is now much more responsive when resizing the Main window with an open Mixer tab.
- Recalling screen sets that include a Mixer is now much faster.
- Simultaneously panning a large number of selected channels in the Mixer is now much smoother both visually and audibly.
- Logic remains responsive when moving plug-ins to different slots while playing.
- Logic’s performance while the Event List is open is significantly improved.
- Region Solo and region mute are no longer slower when the Event List is open.
- Changing the gain of a region is no longer sluggish when the Event List is open.
- Projects with numerous Flex Time edits and tempo changes perform more efficiently
- Alchemy loads more quickly at launch.
- Logic’s launch time has been improved.
- There is no longer an unexpected CPU spike when changing Room Types in ChromaVerb.
- Running multiple instances of the Scripter plug-in no longer sometimes causes unexpected CPU spikes.
- Dragging the left corners of multiple selected regions is no longer sometimes sluggish.
- The GUI remains responsive in projects that contain a large number of tempo changes.
- Resolves an issue with pops at the start of playback when using the Tube Vocal patch.
- The UI now remains reliably responsive in projects that contain a large number of tempo changes and have Flex enabled.
- The 4 pole FM Filter in ES2 now uses significantly less CPU.
- Zooming in projects containing a large number of tempo changes is now much smoother.
- Logic now remains responsive when Alchemy is displaying the Arpeggiator or Sequencer along with a Source A/B/C/D page on a high density display.
- The Create New Track sheet is now more responsive.
- Performance when selecting tracks is significantly improved in cases where a Piano Roll containing a large number of notes is open.
- Performance when using the marquee tool is improved.
- Performance when vertically scrolling in projects with a large number of tracks is improved.
- Performance when selecting regions while the Audio Bin is open and Zoom Focused Track is enabled is improved.
- Notes on tracks using the Studio Strings instrument no longer hang when playback is stopped in certain rare cases.
- The Velocity slider in the Piano Roll now remains responsive when the Event Editor is also open.
- Zooming is now smoother inside of folder tracks that contain a large number of regions.
- Performance is improved when performing edits while automation lanes are visible.
- Controls in Alchemy no longer respond sluggishly to mouse control at non-standard magnification settings on high density displays.
- Performance when selecting tracks in projects containing large number of tracks is greatly improved in cases where Logic Remote is connected.
- Performance when scrolling in the Loop Browser is improved in cases where the browser references loops not currently available on the computer.
- Using a key command to cycle through used plug-in automation parameters is now much more responsive in cases where there are a large number of parameters.
- Flex now immediately displays correctly after switching the mode from Flex Pitch to Flex Time: Automatic.
- Trimming the left edge of a flexed region no longer sometimes disables flex in certain rare cases.
- It is now possible to trim the right borders of multiple selected flexed regions.
- Writing the project tempo to audio files no longer sometimes causes trimmed regions to unexpectedly to be flexed.
- Flex Pitch notes that fall at the same positions as Tempo Flex markers can now be edited.
- Flex pitch now works reliably with notes that span tempo changes.
- Enabling Flex & Follow on a Take no longer sometimes causes takes on other tracks to be removed in certain very rare cases.
- Moving the left-most Flex Marker in a Take region no longer sometimes causes the entire region to be compressed.
- Dividing and then adjusting the ;left corner of a region that contains flex markers no longer sometimes causes the audio to unexpectedly shift position.
- Flex markers in copied regions now reliably maintain their positions.
- Flexed regions in Take folders now reliably remain in sync when the tempo is changed.
- Flex Pitched notes now are reliably shown in the visible area when a region is selected.
- When the playhead is between flex pitch notes, using a MIDI controller to adjust pitches now affects the next note after the playhead.
- Flex pitched notes now sound when clicked.
- It is now possible to select flex pitch nodes that lie outside the current region boundaries in the Audio Track Editor.
- Gain changes applied to a flex-pitched note now affect the entire note when a tempo event occurs between the start and end of the note.
- Flex Pitch no longer sometimes introduces unexpected artifacts when adjusting adjacent notes.
- The Mixer now offers an option to disable its automatic scrolling to channel strips of selected tracks.
- External MIDI channels can now be deleted from the Mixer.
- The background shading in the Surround Panner no longer unexpectedly inverts when the imaging is reversed.
- The routing for the last track dragged out of a summing track stack now resets correctly.
- If all the currently selected tracks are routed to a bus, creating a Summing Stack from them now creates an Aux routed to the same destination.
- Volume and Pan settings on external MIDI tracks adjusted by moving a fader or control surface control, but not written to automation are now reliably maintained when reopening a saved project.
- Automating the Surround Panner no longer sometimes cause the signal to unexpectedly output to the center channel.
- The list of key sources in the plug-in side chain menu is now sorted into sub-menus by audio channel type.
- The number of available busses for Multi Output Audio Unit software instruments has been increased to 25.
- Logic now correctly plays back all channels of third party ambisonic audio files.
- The state of the Follow Playhead button in the Smart Tempo Editor window is now maintained when switching from the Smart Tempo Editor and then back.
- Undoing the deletion of regions in Adapt mode now reliably restores associated tempo events as expected.
- The “Move to Beat” command now works properly when the region is at the project start and the downbeat is near the start of the region.
- The display of beat markers in the Smart Tempo Editor is now thinned when zooming out horizontally to improve legibility.
- Deleting a marquee selection of a multitrack recording in Adapt mode no longer unexpectedly affects the tempo of the remaining sections of the recording.
- The Smart Tempo Editor now displays properly after moving notes in an independent Piano Roll window.
- It is now easier to make selections inside the Smart Tempo editor.
- Playback in the Smart Tempo editor now consistently starts from the current playhead position after the Rewind or Forward key commands are used.
- Take regions with Flex & Follow enabled now reliably stay in sync when he tempo is changed.
- Resolves an issue in which Tempo curves were sometimes eliminated when the Apply Region Tempo to Project Tempo command was used.
- Logic no longer analyzes transients in newly imported audio files when the Flex & Follow project setting for imported audio files is set to Off.
- Moving a region from before to after another region while in Adapt or Auto Smart Tempo mode no longer cause the tempo of the second region to be unexpectedly changed.
- Smart Tempo analysis is now reliably performed when Edit is clicked in the File Tempo Editor.
- Changing the Time Signature in Adapt mode no longer sometimes causes regions to stretch unexpectedly.
- Resolves an issue in which the Downmix file for a Smart Tempo Multitrack set was sometimes deleted unexpectedly.
- Volume knobs in Alchemy no longer continue to show a modulation arc after the linked modulation has been removed.
- Audio files can now be dragged from the Project Audio browser into the Alchemy Source window.
- Mono Retrigger no longer causes unexpected note overlaps.
- ADSR assigned to Master Volume now defaults to 100%.
- It is now possible to map CC#7, CC#71, CC#72, CC#73 and CC#74 to control Dynamics in the Studio Strings and Studio Horns plug-ins.
- Custom instrument plug-in names now display as expected after the instrument has been inserted using the new track sheet.
- The Scripter sendAfterBeats function again works correctly for newly created events.
- EXS now consistently finds samples in cases where the samples are in the project package and the EXS instrument file is in the User Library.
- The MIDI plug-in Randomizer now reliably sets notes within the range defined in the settings.
- Changes to the order of effects in the Clavinet plug-in are now reliably written to the Undo list.
- It is no longer possible to sometimes enable more than one radio button in the ES-E plug-in’s FX group.
- The slope knob on the Single Band EQ now adjusts in discrete steps for the available values.
- The Vintage Organ Patch “Jam Band Lead Organ” now sounds correct as soon as it is loaded.
- It is now possible to undo IR file selection in Space Designer.
- All built-in Software Instrument plug-ins now seamlessly kill all sounding voices when an All Notes Off message is received.
- The resolution of the Sculpture interface has been increased.
- Undo/Redo and Compare support with Audio Unit plugins is improved.
- Space Designer’s Wet control now reliably responds to automation.
- The Deesser plug-in now offers finer resolution of the Frequency control.
- The Ringshifter plug-in now features a larger higher resolution interface.
- Plug-ins again consistently load their default settings when instantiated.
- Envelope zooming in Sculpture is now correct when switching between ms and sync.
- It no longer takes two clicks to set focus to the Scripter editor.
- The Tape Delay plug-in no longer sometimes outputs a loud low frequency signal when turning down the filter frequency.
- MIDI plug-ins can now modulate parameters on dual mono and multi mono instances of audio plug-ins.
- The True Peak meter is now more accurate at higher frequencies.
- Logic now handles ARA files correctly in cases where a project and audio files have been duplicated.
- Edited notes in the Melodyne ARA plug-in now reliably remain at their correct display positions when playing back after performing Save As on the project.
- Regions on tracks containing an instance of Melodyne ARA plug-in now reliably play at their correct positions in projects that start earlier than 1 1 1 1.
- Melodyne ARA edits are now reliably maintained when a project is saved and then closed immediately after editing in the Melodyne window.
- ARA edits are now reliably saved in projects with multiple Project Alternatives.
- ARA edits are now reliably saved in projects created from project templates.
- ARA edits are now reliably maintained when Save As is used.
- Exporting an Alternative as a project now works correctly in projects that contain ARA edits.
Impulse Response Utility
- The VU Meter in the Impulse Response Utility now resounds normally on macOS 10.14.x.
Selection Based Processing
- Accessing the Gear menu in the Selection-Based Processing window no longer unexpectedly activates cycle and solo.
- Selection-Based Processing is no longer incorrectly offered in the contextual menu when clicking on MIDI or Drummer regions.
- The "Apply Default Crossfade" command no longer removes fade outs from from regions that are not adjacent to a following region.
- Dragging Studio Instrument Apple Loops to the Tracks area now properly creates a channel strip with the MIDI channel set to All.
- Search now works at the top level of the Untagged Loops Browser.
- Clicking a file that is playing in the User Loops section of All Files now consistently stops playback.
- Untagged loops on an external drive now show up more quickly in the Loop Browser when the drive is connected.
- Files displayed in the All Files browser via search now autoplay as expected.
- In cases where the input text is too long to be fully display in the File Browser search window, it is now possible to scroll to view the end of the text string.
- Files in the Untagged Loops browser now sort as expected in column view.
- Removing a folder from the Untagged Loops list no longer causes the view to unexpectedly jump to the Apple Loops list.
- It is now possible to drag more than one folder simultaneously into the Untagged Loops browser.
- Apple Loops now continue to loop after jumping to a different position while previewing.
- Preview now sequentially plays all selected loops in the Loop Browser.
- Apple Loops can now be filtered by type in the Loop Browser.
- Scale settings in the Loop Browser are again reliably recalled when set to “Both” in a saved project and then a new project is created.
- The Untagged Loops tab in the Loop Browser no longer remains visible after the last file is removed from the untagged Loops folder in the Finder.
- It is now possible to drag .rx2 files directly into the Untagged Loops folder.
- The display of automation point values has been improved at low zoom levels.
- Writing Automation to an Ultrabeat voice while holding down the Command key no longer also writes automation to the other voices.
- Recording automation for stepped parameters in latch mode no longer creates redundant automation points.
- Pan or Volume Automation written in Touch mode is now reliably shown when adjusted using the Track Header controls.
- The default region based automation mode in the Piano Roll is now Velocity.
- When regions with region-based automation are split, automation points are now added to the right-hand region to maintain consistent playback.
- The command “Automation: Cycle Through Used Parameters” now only operates in editors in which Automation is visible.
- The dropdown menu on Takes folders now shows Comps above Takes.
- Drum names in the Piano Roll are now shown for MIDI regions in Take folders.
- Placing a region on the summing track of a track stack no longer causes existing regions in the static to disappear.
- The On/Off button settings for tracks within a Track Stack are now maintained when the On/Off button for the master track is toggled.
- It is now possible to select non-non-contiguous tracks in the Tracks List using VoiceOver.
- VoiceOver now properly announces the Catch Playhead button in the Smart Tempo editor.
- VoiceOver now properly announces the name of the Play button in the Smart Tempo editor.
- VoiceOver now announces the status of several key commands, including Loop, Metronome, and Show/Hide Editors.
- VoiceOver can now be used to rearrange the order of tracks using drag and drop.
- VoiceOver can now be used to access the contextual menu in the Track Header.
- VoiceOver now announces the mute state of regions when their mute state is toggled.
- Animation in the Rotor Cabinet plug-in is now disabled when “Reduce Motion” is enabled in the System Preferences.
- The Set Locators by Marker and Enable Cycle key command now works when selecting markers in the Marker List window.
- The Transpose Event… key commands have been renamed Transpose Region/Event…, and now affect the Transpose region parameter when regions are selected.
- There is now a key command "Create Marker by Cycle Area."
- The Play From Selection” key command now takes selected markers into account.
- The key commands to Quantize events now work in editors as well as on regions.
- Key commands to undo/redo now work correctly when the Smart Tempo Editor has focus.
- There are now Key Commands to select the Volume and Vibrato tools in the Audio Track Editor.
- Key commands to adjust Step Input now work when the Step Input window does not have key focus.
- There is now a key command "Copy Section between Locators (Selection)."
- Saved Key Command sets no longer sometimes revert to the default key command assignments.
- There are new key commands "Nudge Selected Parameter Up" and "Nudge Selected Parameter Down."
- The Key Commands for deleting MIDI events based on locators have been renamed to clearly indicate they affect MIDI events only.
- Key Commands that specifically affect region automation now function on all selected regions, even if some of those regions are on tracks currently set to display Track-based automation.
- Performing Undo after adding a movie file now creates a proper Undo Step and no longer leaves a small non-functioning region at the start of the project.
- It is now possible to use Undo to remove a just created Aux channel.
- Performing Undo after creating a VCA fader no longer causes Kontakt instances to unexpectedly reload.
- Performing Undo after importing a MIDI Apple Loop to a channel strip with an existing patch no longer causes the path setting to unexpectedly change.
- Loading a Studio instrument no longer causes the Undo list to fill up with ChromaVerb parameters.
- Adjusting the Velocity fader in the Piano Roll no longer creates a "Change Volume" undo step.
- Undo now reliably resets automation nodes to their correct positions after deleting a node by double-clicking it.
- Ultrabeat’s play state is now consistently reflected in the Smart Controls,
- Undo and redo of automation on the master channel no longer sometimes causes the Smart Controls to disappear.
- The vertical range of the Tempo track is no longer affected by Tempo events that fall after the end of the project.
- Switching from Disable All to Enable All in the Global; Tracks now reliably shows all available global track types.
- The Repeat Section Between Locators function now reliably includes signature events at the start of the affected area.
- The resize or junction tool can no longer be used to change the start position of a SMPTE locked marker.
- The “New” and “Duplicate” menu items are now dimmed as expected in the Tempo List when the maximum number of 9 Tempo Sets already exists.
- Events in the Tempo List are now reliably selected when the Tempo track is selected.
- The remaining download size value now consistently updates as expected in the Sound Library Manager window.
Control Surfaces/MIDI Controllers
- The Inspector in the Control Surface Group window can now be scrolled.
- When learning controller assignments from the Sensel Morph, Logic now reliably sets the Value Format to Unsigned rather than 2’s Complement.
- It is again possible to tab between text fields in the Articulation Editor.
- Audio imported from a movie is again correctly time-stamped.
- Logic no longer unexpectedly displays a New Track dialog when a Voice Memos file is imported from the Finder.
- Fades on clips are now retained when importing Final Cut Pro X XML files.
- It is now possible to bounce to Apple Lossless in cases where PCM is set to 24 bit but not enabled and Dithering is set to on.
- The Export window now reliably retains the last used range set by the user when reopened.
- When exporting regions to the Loop Library, there is now a field to set the key for the loop and another that displays the tempo.
- MIDI files exported from Logic now properly retain each track’s instrument setting when reopened.
- Selected Ornament notes in Tab score styles are now colored as expected.
- Automatic slurs now draw as expected over lines with empty bars in Page View.
- The Score now displays Automatic Slurs with he same opacity as other notes and symbols in looped regions.
- Extending an automatically generated slur no longer sometimes causes the end direction to unexpectedly change.
- Diamond note heads in TAB score styles are now properly centered.
- Auto Slur no longer draws a single large slur over all notes spanning a looped region.
- Resolves an issue where the time signature sometimes appeared to be upside down until the mouse was released while inserting.
- Scrubbing the size value for the Guitar style in the Staff Styles editor no longer affects the size value for other styles.
- Text that has been converted from Global text to standard text can now reliably be edited.
- Score using Swing Font no longer display courtesy accidentals using Logic’s built-in font.
- Repeat signs no longer overlap the accidentals in the key signature display in scores using Swing Font.
- Rubber-band selection of recently recorded notes in the Score again works reliably.
- Piano Roll windows in duplicated screen sets now reliably maintain the Snap and Zoom settings from the original screenset when opening a project.
- When opening the Environment window, the view now automatically scrolls to the object assigned to the currently selected track in the Track List.
- Fader objects in the Environment again show numerical values as black text on a white background when the object is deflected and Cable view is on.
- The name of the currently selected audio file is now displayed along the top of the Audio File Editor.
- When the Command key is assigned to the Marquee tool, clicking a region while pressing Command + Option now reliably sets the Marquee selection to the region.
- The playhead now reliably remains at the correct position when disabling Region Solo in the Audio Track Editor.
- Option-clicking a filter button in the Event List no longer causes regions to disappear from the list when viewing at the arrange-level view.
- Clicking the black keys on a keyboard in the Environment again produces sound as expected.
- The Event Float window now displays articulations.
- The Control key can again be used to move notes in the Piano Roll with finer resolution.
- Environment faders now respond correctly to numeric input.
- Creating a new controller event in the Event List now defaults to CC#1.
- Channel Strip names are now consistently displayed at the correct position in the Environment in cases where there are a large number of channels.
- Projects saved with Collapsed View enabled in the Piano Roll now re-open with the view correctly displayed.
- The display of notes in the Piano Roll now properly updates in Collapse View when the scale is changed.
- The key labels in the Piano Roll now update correctly to display drum names when switching Drummer patches for a track.
- The Delay parameter in the Step Editor lane inspector now works as expected.
- Selecting a note in the Piano Roll now deselects any selected Track Based Automation points and selecting Track Based Automation deselects any selected notes.
- Custom settings for Pen Width, Grid and Length in Step Editor lanes are now reliably retained when the editor is closed and then re-opened.
- It is again possible to navigate up and down the Event List using the arrow keys when there is MIDI CC data in the list.
- Clicking in the Piano Roll time ruler no longer causes the visible area to jump to the beginning of the region.
- Playback of compressed audio files in the All Files browser is no longer routed to the System audio output instead of the audio output selected in Logic.
- The Piano Roll no longer sometimes unexpectedly jumps to show a newly selected take instead of the Playhead.
- Swing Quantize now works correctly for regions whose left borders do not fall precisely on grid positions.
- It is now possible to use Option + Shift to adjust the right border of a cycle zone.
- The Add Selected Files to Tracks dialog now defaults to “Place all files on one track” when dragging multiple Apple Loops to the Tracks area.
- Converting multiple selected MIDI Alias regions to real regions now works as expected.
- If horizontal auto-zoom is enabled in a project with no regions, the entire project is now displayed.
- Disabling Horizontal Auto Zoom with nothing selected now reliably returns the view to the previous zoom setting.
- Undo now works correctly after saving a new project alternative.
- The previous Flex view is now shown when going from Flex view to Automation view and then disabling Automation view.
- Track Notes are now visible in the Note Pad for channel strips that are not currently in the Tracks Areas.
- If the Freeze button is not shown in the current Track header configuration, using the Freeze Tracks key command now causes the Freeze button to display on the frozen tracks.
- When auto-naming multiple selected regions, Logic now includes a leading 0 for the numbers of regions from 1-9.
- The patch for the currently selected track now displays if the Logic Pro X application is not located at /Applications.
- Logic now reliably shows factory patches in songs created in GarageBand.
- Long track names now display properly with Track Alternatives enabled.
- The start position of a SMPTE Locked marker is no longer editable.
- It is no longer necessary to first select tracks before dragging them to a new position in the Track List.
- The Edit > Select Tracks > Unused command no longer unexpectedly selects Stacks that contain tracks with regions.
- Dragging a region all the way to left past the project start now places the region at the project start rather than causing it to jump back to its original position.
- Using the “Cut Section between Locators” command wit Auto-Select Locators is enabled no longer sometimes causes an unexpected dialog asking to insert a time signature change.
- The Insert Silence between Locators no longer unexpectedly affects unselected regions when the Move option is selected.
- Auto Set Locators no longer unexpectedly sets the locators by selected flex pitched notes inside a selected region.
- Region selection is now maintained when adjusting the position of the end of project marker.
- The Musical Typing keyboard now properly sends a note-off event when the lowest possible note on the keyboard is released.
- Undo now works after adding an audio file or region to the Project Audio window.
- Performing undo after loading a channel strip preset setting now resets to the channel strip to its original name.
- The focused track in a group of selected track is now always indicated when color bars are displayed, and when track numbers are not displayed in the Track Header.
- Previously selected MIDI regions no longer are deselected when Command-Z is used to perform Undo after performing Capture Take as Region.
- Using the Marquee tool to divide a region in the middle of a loop now shortens the loop at the edit point rather than creating a shortened real copy of the region.
- Adjusting the left border of a region and then back without releasing the mouse no longer leads to unexpected zooming when Horizontal Auto-Zoom is enabled.
- It is now possible to assign separate colors for individual regions that are on tracks that are members of a Group with the Group setting “Color” enabled.
- Zooming horizontally in the Main window with the Mixer open now keeps visible area around the playhead rather than always moving the visible area to the start of the project.
- The “Groups Active” check box in the Groups inspector and the Groups Active switch in the Toolbar now remain reliably in sync.
- Dragging a green MIDI loop to the Tracks area now creates a correctly labeled undo step.
- Using the Pickup Clock key command to move a region used to stop a looped section to the left no longer sometimes leaves looped sections showing to the right of the new position of the moved region.
- Region Based Automation now displays properly while the left edge of a region is being dragged, and while moving a region.
- The key command to toggle the Track On/Off button on track stacks now behaves consistently with clicking the button using the mouse.
- Highlighted text on plug-ins displayed in Controls view is now easier to read on macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- “Save as” now always defaults to the current project type (Package vs. Folder).
- The color tag submenu in Logic’s File Browser now remains available after setting a color tag for a file.
- The No Overlap drag setting in the Tracks Area now works as expected when more than 100 regions are adjusted at the same time.
- Dividing a very short looped region no longer sometimes causes unexpected duplication of the region.
- The “Convert regions to new audio files” command no longer sometimes creates empty audio files in certain rare cases.
- The number of devices in the MIDI Sync devices list has been increased to 16.
- Regions are no longer unexpectedly deselected after recording when Replace mode is off.
- The first note in a MIDI region recorded in Merge Cycle mode is no longer sometimes truncated.
- Performing “Normalize region parameters” after trimming the left corner of a MIDI region no longer shortens notes at the end of the region.
- “No Output” tracks no longer show Mute and Solo buttons.
- MIDI editors now continue to display currently selected regions when recording with the Overlapping Recording preference set to merge.
- The Consolidate Project command now copies movie files from their original location rather than moving them.
- Changes to the Track Delay setting now take effect immediately.