If you mix while travelling or your mixing room or your system isn't 100% perfect, you need to see the doctor. Namely SubBass Doctor 808.
SounDevice digital introduce a new tool managing the sub-bass frequencies. SubBass Doctor 808 is here for (not just) all hip-hop and electronic music producers.
Treating the lowest frequencies is almost impossible in some listening environments. If you mix while travelling or your system is not 110% perfect, you should use SubBass Doctor 808.
Without the right treatment, sub-bass frequencies can get out of control. Although they are inaudible in some environments, wrongly mixed low frequencies can even destroy big PA systems. That‘s why SounDevice Digital (part of United Plugins) created SubBass Doctor 808.
This plugin deals with the lowest harmful subs. It steals a bit from the low end, but it compensates the loss in healthy sub frequencies ensuring you don't lose even a little bit of the sub-bass power.
To accentuate the low frequencies and to add extra warmth SubBass Doctor 808 adds pleasant parallel saturation.
SubBass Doctor 808 is mainly designed for synth bass and drums. The fact that Scoop DeVille, Grammy-nominated producer and songwriter who worked with such names like Snoop Dogg or Dr. Dre, helped with testing the plugin and creating presets, only confirms that. But it is also essential when mixing other instruments that reach really low - such as low-B five-string bass or double bass.
SubBass Doctor 808 Key Features
- Your subs can be harmful: We all want the pumping subs that shake the body. But without the right treatment, they can get out of control. Although they are inaudible in some environments, wrongly mixed low frequencies can even destroy big PA systems.
- Who needs the Doctor 808: You may want to mix while travelling, you may be producing a home studio. Your monitors do not deliver the lowest frequencies right or your room is perhaps not 100% acoustically treated. In all these cases you should search for the Doctor.
- Get your cure: SubBass Doctor 808 is a safety net for all mentioned above. It filters the harmful frequencies and guards the lowest basses not to exceed the healthy limit.
- Extra sub: As SubBass Doctor 808 steals something from the low end, it compensates the loss in healthy sub frequencies ensuring you don't lose even a little bit of the sub-bass power.
- Saturate: To accentuate the low frequencies and to add extra warmth SubBass Doctor 808 adds pleasant parallel saturation. This helps the sub-bass to set off and astonish the audience.
- 808, 5-string and double bass: As the name suggests SubBass Doctor 808 is mainly designed for synth bass and drums. But it is essential when mixing other instruments that reach really low - such as low-B five-string bass or double bass.
- Hassle-free software protection: No iLok, no dongle nor internet access is required for activation. Our software uses licence files to activate your software. You can freely use the purchased software on all your computers as long as you are the user.
- Realistic 3D yet flexible GUI: Photorealistic graphic user interface of the plugin gives you the feeling you are touching the real hardware. But it easily adapts to your needs. You can always drag the arrow in the bottom right corner to change its size - make it smaller to save the valuable screen space, or enlarge it to make it easier to use.
- 15-Days unlimited trial version for FREE: All the descriptions are nothing compared to putting hands on the plugin yourself. No saving limits. No noises. No boundaries. Engage the plugin in your project for real and fully exploit its powers for two weeks.
- 64-bit audio quality at ANY sampling rate: The plugin provides the maximum audio quality you can get. It uses internal 64-bit audio processing and can handle any sampling rate. 192 kHz or even higher.
- Smart bypass: The intelligent way our plugins manage bypassing ensures that you don't get any click or harmful noises when automating the parameter.
SubBass Doctor 808 is compatible with major VST/AAX/AU DAW applications on both Windows and macOS. The price is set to €59. But you may grab the intro discount which gives you 68% (€19) off until June 22.
As usual, a 15-days fully working trial version is available.
Scoop DeVille - "I find the SBD working best on my shorter bass kicks and distorted 808's. Thanks, United Plugins!“