It might be slim on new features, but the latest version of 10.4.6 for Logic Pro X looks to fix bugs and resolve unexpected behavior across the app. Here's what's new.
It seems like just yesterday that Apple released Logic Pro X 10.4.5 bursting with new features, plugins, etc and support for over 1000 tracks. Today, the Logic team have released version 10.4.6 which will receive much less fanfare as it squashes bugs and corrects performance issues to make the world right again in your studio.
Here is what’s new in the free Logic Pro 10.4.6 update:
- Logic no longer quits unexpectedly when the Global View button on a connected Mackie Control device is pressed.
- Logic no longer hangs when quitting in certain cases.
- Resolves an issue when Logic would hang when using VoiceOver to interact with the Right Inspector Channel Strip.
- Fixes an issue where Logic could quit unexpectedly at launch.
- Fixes an issue where Logic would quit unexpectedly when importing a large number of samples into Alchemy in Drum mode.
- Logic no longer quits unexpectedly when double-clicking a new empty region with Region-based Automation enabled on the track.
- Resolves an issue where Logic would quit unexpectedly during playback if Alchemy contains a loop whose end point extends beyond the end of the sample.
- Fixes an issue where Logic would quit unexpectedly when a Roland A-Pro device is connected.
- Fixes an issue where Logic would quit unexpectedly when playback is started after copying a region and automation from one track to another.
- Fixes an issue where Logic would quit unexpectedly when “Create MIDI Track from Flex Pitch Data” is selected for a region in which no pitches have been detected.
- Fixes an issue where Logic would quit unexpectedly when the program number is changed in a MIDI track inspector.
- Resolves an issue under cases of significant memory load where items in the channel strip could disappear when the cursor hovers over them.
- Channel strips now display correctly in stand-alone Mixer windows.
- Restores ability to rename channel strips using VoiceOver.
- The Send on Fader button is now labeled properly when using VoiceOver.
- Channel Strip names are now announced correctly with VoiceOver.
- VoiceOver now announces the names of plug-ins in the mixer.
- VoiceOver now announces the names of MIDI plug-ins in the Mixer.
- Fixes an issue where areas of the Event List were not accessible to VoiceOver.
- Restores the ability to use VoiceOver to navigate to any individual Undo Step in Undo History.
- VoiceOver now correctly identifies disabled sliders on the MIDI > Sync preferences tab.
Dynamic Plug-in Loading
- Kontakt libraries on frozen tracks now consistently reload after unfreezing in projects that have the “Only load plug-ins needed for project playback” setting enabled.
- Software Instrument tracks with the Record button activated will now load in projects with the “Only load plug-ins needed for project playback” setting enabled.
- Software Instruments cabled from classic MIDI tracks in the Environment now work as expected in projects with the “Only load plug-ins needed for project playback” setting enabled.
- Tracks fed from Environment objects such as Transformers or Cable Switchers now are activated if the “Only load plug-ins needed for project playback” project setting is enabled.
- Restores the ability to create a new track by right-clicking on an Aux on the right side of the channel strip inspector in the Main window.
- Audio Tracks that use a Bus as the input source now play back as expected when input monitoring is enabled.
- Setting an Aux channel to Automation Read mode in the Mixer now creates a track for the Aux in the Track List.
- Fixes an issue where the independent mixer window could occasionally appear blank.
- Option-clicking an empty EQ thumbnail on a channel strip now inserts a Channel EQ into the first plug-in insert.
- Restores the ability to load a mono plug-in on to a stereo track.
- VCAs can now be stored as part of the User Default channel strip configuration.
- The Create Track command on selected Aux channels in the Mixer now creates corresponding tracks in the Track List as expected.
- Enabling automation on selected Aux channels in the Mixer now creates corresponding tracks in the Track List as expected.
- New audio tracks created by Key Command now appear immediately in the Mixer.
- Using Option + Shift to create a ramp when dragging automation now works consistently.
- The Mode parameter for DeEsser 2 now shows up correctly in the Automation parameter list.
- The Automation view now changes as expected when a Key Command to enable a Region Automation type is triggered with no region selected.
- Resolves various issues in Scripter with certain large scripts.
- Fixes an issue in the MIDI Scripter where Event objects in the script code did not behave as expected.
- The ES-M, ES-E, ES-P and ES1 plug-ins now reliably output all played notes.
- Restores the ability to Copy/Paste loops from the Loop Browser to tracks.
- Dragging multiple Apple Loops into a project with the Create Tracks option now creates the proper type of track for each loop.
- Restores the ability to Copy Selected Regions to Focused Track command and create an Undo step.
- Fixes an issue where Undo of Bounce in Place for regions on Software Instrument tracks could unexpectedly reset the channel strip to its default setting.
Control Surfaces/MIDI Controllers
- The Korg Nano Control control surface is now recognized and functions properly in Logic.
- Logic now detects the proper device and port with the Nectar Panorama P1 control surface.
- If multiple output switches are used and the MIDI channel is set to any value other than number 1, each event will now get assigned to the correct MIDI channel.
Flex Time and Pitch
- Flex Time adjustments in Take Folders are now properly displayed in the UI.
- Resolves an issue where creating a Flex Time Marker in a Take on a track that is a member of a Group can cause the Take to be deleted in other tracks from the Group.
- The key command for Toggle Track On now works as expected.
- Projects with tempo adjustments that contain frozen tracks now bounce as expected.
- User Tuning Tables now work as expected.
- The Smart Controls interface now appears at full resolution on 13” MacBook Pro.
You can get the update now via Software Update or the main Logic site: https://www.apple.com/uk/logic-pro/