Ask.Video
Forums
  • Student484626
    How to store all sounds
    Hi, I guess it's a trivial question and maybe there's already a thread for this (I haven't seen). My question is - how do you store all the sounds and instruments / samples in your program? I have tons of them and each time I spend a lot of time on finding the specific sound I want for an instrument. Is there a solution for this? (I'm working with ableton live 10). Thanks a lot
  • Joe A
    Re: How to store all sounds
    Hi - When you say "in your program" do you mean in a specific song/session file? Any settings for any effects/Instruments you use in that session (including your own custom settings) should be automatically saved in the session (Set) file itself. If you want any custom settings to be available in other sessions then you could save your own presets using the Save buttons in the effects/instruments. On the other hand, if you're just talking about finding specific effects or loops in the Browser more easily, you could make a Favorites folder in the Browser and copy your most-commonly used presets (including your own custom settings) there for quicker access, and/or you could make a session Template with empty tracks ready with your favorite sounds & effects. If you're always working on the same computer, then all that stuff should always be available in the Browser.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: