Ask.Video
Forums
  • Alex83pearl
    Which Software do you use to complete Ableton Live?
    I\'m curious to know which softwar do you use rewired to Ableton Live or which plugins you added! What do you like the most in your configuration? Personaly I use Reason rewired to Live, and Absynth 3 as a plugin. Combining Reason\'s instruments with Ableton Live\'s effects expands nicely my possibilities! I like to combine the 2 to find an original and personal sound. Absynth brings the icing on the cake(and what an icing..); the ambient sounds that come from this plugin are really spellbounding.. Completing perfectly Live! & u?
  • Martin Delaney
    Re: Which Software do you use to complete Ableton Live?
    Hi Alex...as far as ReWire goes, I sometimes hook up Live with Logic Pro...very powerful combination. Yep of course, Reason also, though not so much these days as Live adds more instruments. My most common ReWire pairing is Live with Arkaos VJ, tho! Plugins...not many...Arturia Moog Modular, Battery 2, Crystal, Korg MS20, PSP Vintage Warmer, and then some great free ones like Chip 32, Cheeze Machine, and anything from DestroyFX!
  • Alex83pearl
    Hi Martin, I wanted to know if it was a good idea to use Melodyne as default audio editor in Ableton Live, or was it better to use it as a plugin, and use a lighter audio editor..
  • Martin Delaney
    Alex, you're using Melodyne for editing? I never really thought of it as an editor. I would suggest using Melodyne purely as a plugin or a standalone application. Does seem a little bit overkill for most editing jobs. These days I do a lot of 'editing' functions within Live, using the consolidate and crop sample commands - very useful, and saving me a lot of time switching between apps. If that won't do, then I sometimes use the free Audacity editor, or Logic Pro.
  • Alex83pearl
    In actuality, I firstly thought to use audacity, but when I discovered Melodyne, I wondered my self if this huge software could be a "super audio editor"... But I think you're right, most of the editing stuff can be done by Live. If my recording needs more editing power, I still have Protools M-powered in cas of emergency...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: