Ask.Video
Forums
  • adamski
    slice to midi help for ableton
    just updated to live 7 recently and just wondering when you slice a drum loop to midi in 16ths lets say you want to just use the kick drum from the loop for a small break in the track with just the bass before bringing the rest of the elements of the drum loop back when the track kicks off again how do you go about this? if i delete all but the kick it definitley sounds like something is missing and sounds shit, if i shorten the slice right next to the kick or even before this dosnt seem to help either. to me it seems the issue is another hit is playing at the same time as the kick in the loop but unless i use a very basic drum loop how do i get around this?
  • Silk Wolf
    Re: slice to midi help for ableton
    I understand what you're saying but I wouldn't be able to offer much advice without hearing what loop you're talking about or seeing how you've sliced and moved the individual slice points.. just in case you didn't know, you can adjust each individual slice's start and end point after you've sliced the whole loop to midi.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: