Ask.Video
Forums
  • Capt7
    is anyone using this
    i REALLY want a macbook for live gigs but i am not very patient so i am looking at getting an accer..is anyone else on here using one of these laptops? My set up will be ableton , battery , massive , and absynth my heart says MAC but my wallet says, accer right now
  • Capt7
    Re: is anyone using this
    well to add some more info the specs on the acer laptop is 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB of DDR2 250GB capacity and as stated prior it will be for live use and some music recording running..ableton , massive , battery , and absynth
  • Silk Wolf
    Re: is anyone using this
    I'm a bit partial to macbooks since thats what I'm on, but honestly anything with a good processor and ram will do. Battery can be a bit of a cpu hog sometimes, but I've used all of those VST's (and more) in a setup without any problem and I've only got 2GB ram. the intel core 2 duo lets ableton work wonders. Remember also that there are features/tricks in Ableton that can allow you to get even more power from your machine. By freezing tracks that aren't going to be changing that much you can virtually temporarily eliminate the CPU being used by a certain VST. If it's a good deal, go for it. There is also an absurd number of free VST's for PC's. On a side note, you're going to spend almost double on getting the same specs for a macbook that you will the Acer, but I have on clue about customer service for Acer.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: