Ask.Video
Forums
  • 59+
    Live 7 101 with Martin Delaney
    Live 7 101 is the poorest quality DVD I have ever heard. Delaney sounds drunk. After chapter 27 his voice is muffled, coupled by the fact that the accompanying 'music' is too loud and further drowns out his voice. It is totally unlistenable (Is that a word). I want a refund or a better DVD. If you have already bought this DVD, please reply to this thread with your comments. Maybe if enough of us 'customers' complain we can get some kind of response from macProVideo.
  • Gosia
    Re: Live 7 101 with Martin Delaney
    I am sorry to hear that you aren't satisfied with the Live tutorial we currently offer. We do take our customer feedback very seriously, and do intend to address the issues you mention in our upcoming 101. Again, we do consider customer satisfaction to be the #1 goal at macProVideo.com, so please drop support a line directly; they will happily work with you to either off a refund or an exchange. As a side note... we do have some awesome new Ableton training coming in the future... we hope you'll try it out when it is release :)
  • snaporaz
    I'm sorry to have to agree, but the Ableton-tutorial is of very poor quality. Mr Delaney sounds asleep and disinterested. A remarkable digression from your general level.
  • Kenny Q
    How about Ableton videos that actually show people how to do things step by step. For example: I would like to have a song put together by the instructor and have that instructor break it down and show where, why and how he or she used certain instruments, loops and/or effects. The instructor may have some downloadable files that we can use so we can follow along. Also, How about something totally DJ related? I didn't like the Live 7 101 videos. I feel that he is showing what live is capable of doing but I would rather have several "How to" projects where I can follow and learn how to create something from scratch. Thanks,
  • 59+
    I did get a full refund for this DVD. So I will do business with macProVideo.com again. They are honest people.
  • drummerboyfarr
    I am sure the Delaney dilemma is a cultural one. Being English I found his dry wit and calmness very refreshing compared to the other instructors here. Their over-enthusiastic didactics really put me off and I can only view one chapter at a time. Nice one Delaney!
  • Onir
    Hummm... I am not sure that the problem is entirely a cultural one here. There are several points: 1. It is often difficult to hear Martin Delaney, because the music is too loud while he is talking. 2. Particularly at the beginning of the tutorial (lessons 1-60), Martin seems to mumble... as if almost sick or something. I think it has to do with the recording. 3. The music is down right annoying... very bad choice of music, even for a tutorial. 4. The lessons are too short... I spent a lot of time just watching the lessons start and then end. Overall, the content is good. It is a good intro to Ableton Live. But there are definitely some problems there. But hey, that's just my opinion. I understand your point. [quote:86183]I am sure the Delaney dilemma is a cultural one. Being English I found his dry wit and calmness very refreshing compared to the other instructors here. Their over-enthusiastic didactics really put me off and I can only view one chapter at a time. Nice one Delaney![/quote]
  • morris
    I have to agree with the others on here as well. Delaney's voice (no offense of couse) sounds like he slipped in a few 'valiums' before the recording, and the tutorial music that is used is extremely 'bland' & boring (to say the least.) And I also agree with the fact that he mostly focuses on 'multiple ways' of doing simple tasks or 'just what can be done within Live' - vs. - showing us actually 'how to' or step-by-step procedures on what we really want and need to know. (ex: we don't need to know 14 different ways on how to be able to 'zoom-in' on something.) PLEASE take this into 'note' on your next series. (btw: I also highly agree 'macprovideo' is simply the best tutorials, hands down!)
  • Necazii
    I've been re-listening to this on the new NEDi on my iPhone and Delaney has grown on me a lot since the first play... still not a big fan of the tracks used in the tutorials but they helped do the job. Maybe we could have a Delaney/Olav double act? That could be fun! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: