Ask.Video
Forums
  • Starfox
    Continuous Locating of audio files for projects within Logic Pro
    Hey guys, Strange one here but its frustrating me real bad :P With some projects in Logic Pro, every time i open them up i need to relocate the files (usually always on an external hdd), and if i open up another project but not close the current one and switch between the two, every time i go back to the original project i have to relocate the files again unless i save it before i switch. But saving it will only stop the need to relocate the files when the project is open, if i quit logic and reopen it the same problem comes up, its pretty annoying lol! What do i do?
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Continuous Locating of audio files for projects wi...
    When you save the project are you choosing to save the external files to the same location as the project folder? Open the project, relocate the files. Then save the project and make sure tick 'Include Assets' and make sure below this under the 'Advanced Options' that 'Copy external audio files to project folder' is ticked as well. Quit Logic, Then relaunch that project and see if it still tries to relocate the files. '[url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_42205_14931_Save_Assets.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_42205_14931_Save_Assets.png[/img] [/url]
  • Starfox
    Copy external audio files did the trick :) I just wish i didn't need to do this as overtime that will take up more space than i would like :/
  • GaryHiebner
    You will only hav to relocate the audio files, if you moved or deleted them. If you have your audio files/samples in a specific location you shouldn't have to relocate them everytime. Copying the external audio files to the Logic project folder, will take up more space on your hard drive. But least it will save you the trouble of having the find the files if you accidentally move or delete them. And if you want to backup or archive the project least all the associated media is in one place.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: