Ask.Video
Forums
  • Student469162
    A video
    I have made the videos by camera or smartphone. Now I don't have both of them. If I need to make a video of what happens in my garageband (to explain questions), can I do it inside of garageband (like screenshot is a photo made without a outer camera) ? As I notice there is a video opportunity, which I have never used before. And if I can do it, can I put it to youtube?
  • Joe A
    Re: A video
    You should be able to make a video of what's happening on your screen with QuickTime Player -- see these instructions from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/quicktime-player/record-your-screen-qtp97b08e666/10.5/mac/10.15 Once the video has been recorded and saved, I'd assume you should be able to put it on YouTube -- YouTube apparently supports the .mov file format that QuickTime saves the video in: https://support.google.com/youtube/troubleshooter/2888402?hl=en PS - The Movie Track in GB is only for playing back a video, not for recording or editing video.
  • Student469162
    QTP doesn't work as needed. If I choose new screen recording, then garageband inactivates, and I can't use a trackpad to operate there what I want to record. Also I don't have a record button on QTP, I don't give an order to record, but later I discover, the QTP had recorded my screen already 36 minutes.. I have stop button and capture, but not record button. I understand as I already see stop button, it begun to record by itself.. ? But garageband is still inactivated, no use of it...
  • Student469162
    I got it. Firstly activate gb, then QTP, then I have record button and to finish recording, I need to choose new screen recording again, from there I get a stop button. But still I can't record from the place I'd want to, as the gb already works. Not as with smartphone or camera, where I put to work firstly these and then garageband.. Here is a vice verca, and not a certain beginning opportunity.. ?
  • Joe A
    QTP works fine here. The record button is the small red button in the dialog box that pops up when you select New Screen Recording (on newer OS's I think it's just a text box that says Record); the Stop button is then available in the menu bar. Once a recording has begun then you have to switch back to the application you want to work in (i.e. click back in GarageBand or navigate to it via Command-Tab or the Dock), but when you do you should have full access to that application. I can operate GB fully with the mouse and keyboard -- I don't have to start GB running first, and I can switch between applications as usual while QTP is recording. If you're on a different OS, the options may be presented a little differently, but in the Apple page I linked to you can choose the OS version you're on and then it provides the instructions for that particular OS.
  • Student469162
    QTP has begun working here normally. Only stop button I can't find. Record button is in the text box, but if I start recording, the text box disappears and not stop button appears instead of it. You wrote, that stop button "is then available in the menu bar". Where is that menu bar?
  • Student469162
    I enclose a video, where you see how I get a stop button. https://youtu.be/If1S3E2C038
  • Joe A
    Are you talking about the Stop button for the QuickTime video? The QuickTime Stop button is available in the upper right side of the menu bar (right next to the WiFi button), to stop recording the video any time -- you don't have to go to QuickTime to stop.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: