Ask.Video
Forums
  • Joe A
    Re: How to access sounds on keyboard
    Ok, to answer your question on the interface input hookup.. You said I don't know how to select the interface inputs for the audio track - Select the audio track - Hit the shortcut B to open the Smart Controls panel at the bottom [if it's not already visible] - At the bottom, under Recording Settings > Input select the interface inputs you plugged the keyboard's L&R audio Outputs into - Arm the Audio track [explained in a previous post] -- you should be able to hear the keyboard instrument and see the level in the audio track's meter, and when you record you'll see the waveform for the instrument And to clarify what you do or don't already have working.. You said I have access now to the sounds of the keyboard Does that mean you can play, hear, & record the keyboard's instrument sounds? If so, then you must have already done the above.. However, just to avoid confusion, make sure the two Direct Monitor knobs on the interface are all the way off -- that way you'll know when you have the routing done correctly in GarageBand because you won't hear the keyboard's instruments until you do.
  • Student492426
    Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I have access to the midi sounds because of the in and outputs of the keyboard , hoocked up to the interface, the back of it. I only just now managed to get access to the sounds of the keyboard, by pressing rightclick and creating a 'new audio track,' However the sounds are buzzing and are not good in quality, thats why I thought I needed the usb, except I realised now from your help, that there is no need for it because I have in and out puts of the keyboard,. I'm still wondering how to get a cleaner and better sound of the sounds of the keyboard, the piano sound is buzzing and is not good! :/
  • Joe A
    Since I don't know what 'buzzing' sounds like in this case I can't offer any specific suggestions, other than a couple of general suggestions.. If by 'buzzing' you mean the instruments sound distorted, then make sure the signal going from the keyboard into the interface is not too high [too loud]. If the level meter in the Audio track in GarageBand is too high [into the yellow or red] as you play the instrument before you begin recording, turn down the level controls (apparently labelled SENS] on the interface for the channel[s] you've plugged the keyboard's audio Outputs into. If by 'buzzing' you mean crackling or intermittent, check the audio cable connections for loose or broken cables [try a different set of audio cables].
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: