Ask.Video
Forums
  • Student492426
    Help on removing piano sound from strings
    Hi everybody. So I have run into a little problem. When I play the 'smart strings' and also the 'cello moods' lab from spitfire, that I connected to garage-band, the piano sound is accompanied with the string sound. How do I get rid of this? I just want it to be strings, without the effect of the piano. Thanks in advance.
  • Joe A
    Re: Help on removing piano sound from strings
    Hi - I can think of two possible reasons why you might be hearing two sounds at once.. 1) You have both the string track and a piano track record-enabled in GB If you have track Record buttons showing in the track headers it's possible to play/record two tracks at the same time; if you do see record buttons [a button with a dot in it, which turns red when you enable it], make sure only the string track is record-enabled [red] Apparently it's possible that this feature was turned on, two tracks were enabled [or at last the piano track was record-enabled], and then the Record buttons were hidden, leaving the piano track active at all times. If that turned out to be the case, you would have to hit Option-T [Configure Track Header] and turn on the show Record Enable buttons option. With the record buttons visible, you can can see which tracks are record-ready, and enable or disable play/record on any track. 2) The piano sound could be coming from the keyboard controller itself, if that keyboard has its own built-in sounds If your keyboard has its own piano sound, and you're routing the audio from it into GB [into an Audio track] or you're monitoring the keyboard's own sounds directly via the interface [via a mix control that blends the DAW output and the live input signal], then that could be why you're hearing both instruments If your keyboard doesn't have its own sounds, then I guess the first scenario seems more likely..
  • Student500131
    This is happening with me too - it seems that the computer is also playing the built-in piano sounds with the strings/percussion/etc. Is there any way to turn the piano sounds off?
  • Student492426
    Hi there. The way to do it is to turn down the piano volume on your keyboard when working with these sounds.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: