Ok, so if it's not a problem with settings in GB then the next thing I'd try would be some general troubleshooting..
You may have already tried some or all of these, but here's a few things to look at..
- Computer shutdown/restart
- Check audio level from the mic in the Sound panel in System Preferences; make sure the mic is not muted there
- Check the Audio MIDI Setup utility (Applications > Utilities)
- If you have Automatic Level Control or Feedback Suppression on in GB try turning them off
- Make sure no other tracks are soloed
- If you're on Mojave OS or higher check System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy and make sure that under Microphone GB is checked
- If you have another audio program that can record audio (i.e. Audacity or the like), see if you get audio/level from the mic in that -- if you do then it's a GB issue, if not then it may be a system issue..