Ask.Video
Forums
  • Student469162
    Velocity
    I chosed softwear instrument recording, added two different speed of velocity, no influence to my recording. Why? https://youtu.be/LSVILvlZ2ig
  • Joe A
    Re: Velocity
    I don't understand what you mean by "added two different speed of velocity" -- the linked video doesn't show anything. If you change MIDI note Velocities for a recorded Software Instrument Region that will only have an effect if the Instrument responds noticeably to [sounds different at] different Velocities; if it doesn't -- like an organ or some synth sounds -- then editing Velocities won't have any effect.
  • Student469162
    Yeah, it's weird. It's a new phone not working properly. I chosed velocity 120, played region and then changed velocity to 30, the same sound of region. No difference. Is velocity a tempo?
  • Joe A
    No, MIDI Velocity relates to the musical dynamics. As I said the effect will depend on the particular sound/Instrument. If you don't have a specific reason to change it, then don't. If you're trying to change the level of a particular Instrument track in playback use the volume slider in the Track header.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: