Ask.Video
Forums
  • HerrimanCoder
    How to listen to a modified clip?
    I am running the trial version of Izotrope RX 9 Advanced Audio Editor. I loaded my audio clip into the software, ran some filters on it--and for the life of me I can't find how to simply PLAY the modified audio. This is a trial version and I understand I cannot save anything. I get that. But I can't even listen to it? Please help a noob. Thank you.
  • Joe A
    Re: How to listen to a modified clip?
    Hi - So you're saying that you can play back the original audio but you can't audition the processed version? If so, you have to click Preview or Render (in the Module window) to audition the processing.
  • HerrimanCoder
    Joe, I don't see a Preview or Render button. https://instant-rsvp.com/temp/iZotope.png Any thoughts?
  • Joe A
    Those buttons should be there in each Module window [assuming you're in the standalone version of RX]. [For some reason I'm unable to attach a pic at the moment, but if you look at the attached video clip starting at around 00:45sec in, you'll see them in the module windows]. Of course if you're in one of the realtime plug-ins in a DAW then those buttons aren't there, the processing should be active/audible unless the plug-in is bypassed. And if you're in an AudioSuite version of an RX plug-in in Pro Tools, then you'd have to audition [a short snippet of] the processing via the small speaker button at the lower left of the plug-in window.
  • HerrimanCoder
    Yes, I see those buttons inside the individual feature-screens. It just seems odd that on the main screen there isn't a way to play the current modified version, with all filters applied up to that point. That seems like a basic feature that literally everyone would want. That's why it feels like I'm still missing something. Thank you.
  • Joe A
    If you're applying multiple processes then you can open up a Module Chain (top of the Module list on the right), add several Modules, and then Render to audition the processed audio. [You can A/B the original/processed audio via the Undo History at the lower right under the Module list].
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: