Ask.Video
Forums
  • odessaflyer
    Re: Recording Virtual Instruments
    I'm probably not so young and little as you think:) But I'm glad hackers get some respect:) it worked years ago before the first synthesizer was even invented and we were running oscillators that repair TVs through the first Echoplez tape delays - one vinyl getting recorded and then bootlegged - lost in total obscurity -thirty years later the cult legend surfaces - you can see it here: www.silverapples.com I was in the original band I wish I had the time and money or a secure job doing this all day long - or the chance to sit down with someone who could give me one week of hands on lessons doing it the "right way" I'd be very glad about that - in the meantime - I continue hacking away as best I can! odessaflyer
  • steveH
    If you want to perform during a bounce, you can't! Bouncing accepts no user input. I bought a program called WireTap Pro that I use to record my performances. I put WTP into record and then play my Logic song. It captures everything perfectly.
  • Martin
    Or, just use QuickTime Pro ... File > Record Audio (or something like that) ... does the same thing as wiretap ... :)
  • Chrl
    [/quote] The Noise Gate trick is the only way I know to record a virtual instrument played live as an audio track. You don't really use the Noise Gate as an effect, just it's Side Chain Monitoring capability. It's a bit complicated at first, but it works great. However, as Martin said, I don't think you need to do that in your situation. In a typical situation, you would record the Virtual Instruments as MIDI data. That way, it's much easier to edit the data. I hope it helps![/quote] This hack is not necessary anymore! With Logic 8 it is very easy to record a software instrument to an audio track : 1-Insert a soft inst on a track and send its ouput to a bus. 2-Select the bus in the input of an audio track. 3-Make sure Record is enable on the audio track and select the inst track. 4-Hit Record and play the inst... it will be recorded as an audio file. Very nice!
  • steveH
    Besides, I believe that the noise gate work-around will only record in mono... solution: Upgrade!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: