Ask.Video
Forums
  • zenguan88
    rewire setup for konakt
    hi i would like to have konakt to sync with Logic Pro ,do anyone know how can i achieve this. you see, i had 16 channels in konakt and i want them on 16 different audio instrument channels in logic when i record them. i guess i must have set them in rewire. however, konakt does not automactically become rewired in logic, how can i go about doing it. its really vexing me AHHHHS~~~
  • macnando
    Re: rewire setup for konakt
    Hi, I have Kontakt Player 2 (from Finale 2007) and Logic reads it as an Audio Unit. What I do: choose an instrument audio track on the channel strip I/O choose: stereo or mono>AU instrunents>Kontakt Player 2 (or any other Kontakt version) Then you can assign midi channels on as many different audio instrument tracks as your CPU can manage. It works for me, i hope it helps.
  • macnando
    By the way, Logic read my Kontakt player 2 AU automatically. If it doesn´t for you, maybe you have to start Logic AU Manager in menu: Logic Pro>Preferences>Start Logic AU Manager
  • zenguan88
    heys hi i know i know. my kontakt can be read of course, but i want to use it as a multi instrument. i can use it as a multi instrument but i want to route like instrument 2 of my plug in in kontakt to midi channel 2 etc. I CAN do that on kontakt, but what must i set in logic to recieve the channel inputs? i know its something to do with mulit instrument like that of the drum sythns in logic.
  • Chrl
    [quote:11685]heys hi i know i know. my kontakt can be read of course, but i want to use it as a multi instrument. i can use it as a multi instrument but i want to route like instrument 2 of my plug in in kontakt to midi channel 2 etc. I CAN do that on kontakt, but what must i set in logic to recieve the channel inputs? i know its something to do with mulit instrument like that of the drum sythns in logic. [/quote] Hi Zenguan! Here's the steps required to use Kontakt as a multi instrument. 1-)Open a stereo Kontakt by clicking and holding on the I/O slot of the audio instrument channel and selecting Stereo - AU instruments - Native Instruments - Kontakt. (You can also open a Multi Channel if you want to use different processing on each channel, but that's another story.) 2-Open the environment. Go to the layer where you have your audio instruments channels (probably the "Audio" layer. Select the Kontakt Instrument Audio Object and, change the Midi Channel to "All" in the parameter box at the left with the arrow tool by clicking and dragging down. 3-Select New - Multi Instrument from the environment local menu. It will create a Multi Instrument object. Rename it to something useful (like Kontakt Multi). 4-Click on the little arrow of the Multi Instrument object and connect it to the Kontakt instrument Audio Object. You will get a message asking if you want to remove the channel ports setting. Click on "remove". 7-Click on all the numbers on the Multi Instr. object to access all 16 channels. When you're finished, click back on 1. 8-Go back to you arrange window. You can then create tracks as usual. To select the right Kontakt Midi Channel, click and hold on the track name, and select the right number under "Kontakt Multi". It can seems difficult at first, but it will soon become second nature... I do this all the times for Stylus RMX. You can also create a Logic template if you use Kontakt often so you won't have to do this each time. Hope it helps! If you have further questions, don't hesitate.
  • zenguan88
    geez you had been a great help. i guess its the same as layering my fantom x8. just to comfirn my tracks became a MIDI track once i used the multi right, and their output are route to my audio instrument :D which i had created. woah this is cool. you see i do not want to call up multiple instances of konakt and tax my MAC. hmms well thanks. you talk about having different processing, but i guess i will leave that aside awhile. if i am not wrong, processing requires the use of an auxililary tracks. for eg, i want to process channel 2 of my konakt, 1) i have to create a multi instrument in my audio instrument channel, 2) create an AUX track open the input, and click konakt 3-4 as 1-2 is already used by my audio instrument 3) i den select channel 2 of my konakt and route my signal to output 3-4. 4) and then i can process channel 2 of konakt indiviually without it influencing or getting the influence from the rest of the channels :D thanks christian!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: