Ask.Video
Forums
  • Jycyxyo
    logic studio 8 - basic tutorial to get audio/midi started?
    Hi all, Am a dinosaur who has just come over from the dark side (Cubase VST 5.0, on a PC - yes, you read it correctly!) to buying a beaut of a Mac Book Pro and Logic Studio, Stylus RMX and other goodies. I have been very impressed with MPV.com and will definitely be buying some material to help me get started. I notice on another thread http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=4170 that a roadmap described what was relevant to buy and what was not. My question is, however: for a complete beginner like me, is/are there particular videos that are an absolutely must-have for someone like me, who has no prior Logic knowledge whatsoever, and who needs to get audio/midi up and running to produce tracks? I'd like to learn how to walk vefore I can run, if you know what I mean ... Thanks for any advice. Greetings from London :) Adrian
  • Chrl
    Re: logic studio 8 - basic tutorial to get audio/midi started?
    Hi and welcome to the forum (and to the Mac... and to Logic) :-) Do you have the "Mastering Logic 8" tutorials ? That one is a must to get you up and running with Logic 8. It will learn you all the basics and more. Also, I read that you bought Stylus RMX... did you see the tutorial videos on the Spectrasonics website ? They are free for all Stylus registered users and they are very informative. There is one about using RMX with Logic. Did you get the Stylus 1.6.1 update? That one is essential to use multiple outputs with RMX and Logic 8. Have fun with Logic and feel free to comeback here if you need any help!
  • Kwackman
    Hi Adrain, I'm nearly the same as you. Cubase since year zero, new to Logic 8. (Been a mac guy for years though- come on where'ce you been!) Anyway, on a recommendation I went for the "Mastering Logic 8" tutorials. I found them very good. (Also with the stirling/doller rate they're VERY good value!) I did read through the getting started manual just to get a grip on logic before looking at the tutorials. After getting the Mastering Logic 8 tutorial, I voted with my wallet and bought "Logic Tricks and Tips" which really helped me in building a drum map. Anyway, enjoy the world of Macs!
  • Jycyxyo
    Hi Christian and Kwackman, Really nice to meet you both, thanks for all the info. I will be sure to get started asap with the "Mastering Logic 8" tutorials then. You guys take it easy and thanks again, Cheers Adrian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: