Ask.Video
Forums
  • Yusef
    Jumping to transients?
    Hi everyone... I'm brand new to Logic 8 & fairly amateur when it comes to editing audio in general, however I have a question that could use some answering : ) For the last few years I've used Pro Tools to do most of my audio editing and have become used to using the tab button on my keyboard to jump from/to transient sounds while editing. Is there a command that can perform this same feature in Logics Sample Editor while setting an anchor & region boundaries, or do I need to become more familiar with the look of an audio wave and set them free hand? Thank you!
  • Chrl
    Re: Jumping to transients?
    There is the "Search peak" command in the functions local menu. You can setup a key command for "search peak" for the sample edit window. Hope it helps!
  • Yusef
    Christian..thank you so much. This does really help!!! ; )
  • Yusef
    You know what...this sounded like it was right, but it still doesn't give me the same feature I was used to in Pro Tools. As an example...say you where editing a song and wanted to start right at the first kick & avoid a static effect that was used as an intro. Hitting tab on Pro Tools would give you that first kick on the fly. Similarly you could select an spot previous to, but close to the fifth bar & by hitting the tab button again you could select the next kick (or closest transient sound) & cut the four bars out to use as a loop. This created a very simple method to edit...I know there has to be a feature like this on Logic 8. Can anyone help please?
  • Chrl
    Here's some tips : 1-Select a few bars with marquee too in the arrange. 2-Hit shift-right arrow...(set marquee start to next transient Key COmmand) this will will set marquee start to first transient. (arrows without shift will select marquee end). 3-The "Go to selection start" (by default shift-retutn) will move the playhead to the start of the marquee.
  • steveH
    Exactly right! Though it's important to know that the marquee to transient commands do not work with audio Apple Loops... they work only with good old fashioned audio at this time!
  • Chrl
    [quote:4039]Exactly right! Though it's important to know that the marquee to transient commands do not work with audio Apple Loops... they work only with good old fashioned audio at this time![/quote] Good point Steve! If you really need to use the Marquee to Transient key command with an appleloop, you will need to convert them to standard AIFF using the "File/Export/Region as audio file" and checking "Add resulting files to Audio Bin". Import the audio file back into the arrange. This steps are also required to apply reverse or to use the fade in / fade out tool. I wonder if Apple plans to change this in the future...
  • Yusef
    Thank you so much guys! Perfect...same result, just a bit less user friendly. I'm sure I'll get used to it. This is something I'd definitely love to see changed in later versions of Logic, but then again there may be a purpose I don't see yet. ; )
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: