Ask.Video
Forums
  • paradox148
    Bounced track does not include plugin and animation
    Bouncing in place is of course one of the most essential tool we use for our daily working on our audio projects. Today I notice a problem: The resulting bounced audio file does not seem to include the Plugin effect nor their animation. In this example I am bouncing a summation folder of 6 audio tracks, each with their own regional animations, as well as an overall Gain track animation on the Folder track. As all the bounces does not seem to be reflecting the gain plugin settings, I have grossly increased(and decreased) the gain on one small segment to see if this is really the case, and once again the increase of 24dB(!) in gain(or decrease of 96dB) did nothing to the bounced result. I have also tried adding yet another Gain plugin to set at +24dB with no animation, the result was the same. Opening up the folder to select the tracks instead to bounce also made no difference. I am sure that none of my plugins has been bypassed either on the channel strip or the bounce in place dialogue box, and that the track has been selected and soloed. If I just play through, the segment is crazily loud, but not so on the bounced track. I have always thought that bouncing should be what you hear is what you get. This is of great concern as I can never be confident now whether any adjustment I have made before bouncing will be included in the the new bounces. I use bouncing heavily during different stages of my workflow for resources as well as organization and this is one function that I need to be dependable! Any help and suggestion would be greatly appreciated! It is probably just something silly that I have missed(like not setting automation to sample accurate and thus have avoided using it for years!)
  • Joe A
    Re: Bounced track does not include plugin and animation
    Hi - I tried doing what you described, but I couldn't duplicate the problem.. - I used Bounce Track in Place on a selected Summing Stack Track [I assume that's what you meant by "summation folder"] containing several tracks with Automation and plug-in effects -- all the Automation moves and effects were included in the Bounce - I also tried Bounce Regions in Place with the individual Regions selected, with the same result -- all the Automation moves and effects were included in the Bounce The settings I used for each are shown in the screenshot below -- maybe that could shed some light, in case some of your settings were different.. Be sure the Normalize option is set to Off to avoid any possible change in overall level. PS - I have Sample Accurate Automation set to the default setting "Volume, Pan, Sends"
  • paradox148
    Thankyou so much Joe for going to the trouble of testing this out for me. The only differences with your settings from mine would be "include Audio Tail in File" and source "Mute", which really should not make a difference. I was hoping to attach some screenshots but did not know how. I cannot see what other settings would make a difference. The Sample Accurate Automation setting was definitely on. This was one thing that I did not know about for a long time and the inaccuracy of automation almost made me give up on Logic! LOL I ended up doing the normal bounce to an audio file, then drag that back into Logic onto an empty track just so that I can move forward with my Project(deadline tonight!). When I can find some time I will try to do more testing to try to get to the bottom of this. I really need to have the confidence in bip faithfully reproducing what I think I have intended. Will post back here for reference if I can find out more. One thing I am not sure if I have made myself clear was that animation(Gain) was also on the Summation Track itself to vary the overall gain level changes on the entire Stack. Not sure if it would have made a difference.
  • Joe A
    Hi Paradox - Ok, I added a little Volume Automation to the Track Stack master track.. To capture that Automation in the Bounce I had to enable "Include Volume/Pan Automation" in the Bounce Track in Place dialog. With that option disabled the Bounce still included the individual track Automation, but not the level Automation in the Track Stack master track; with it enabled it included the Automation in the individual tracks AND the Track Stack master track. * * Note: With the option disabled it did add the Automation curve to the Bounced track within Logic as Automation data on the new track, but if I had shared that audiofile the Track Stack master track level changes wouldn't have been printed in the file itself. This would not have been obvious if I didn't have the global Automation display turned on. Btw, I tested in Logic 10.5.1 on Mojave, FWIW..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: