Ask.Video
Forums
  • Student473097
    New to Logic, can't change channel strip output destination in Express 9 (seems locked to output 1-2), thanks!
    Hi, Is it a limitation in Logic 9 Express that I cannot change the output of a channel? Just wanna create some busses for my tracks but I cannot change the output of my channel to the bus. It is fixed on 'output 1-2', and when I click it does nothing, I don't get the menu with the option to route it to my busses... Thanks you for helping! Grts, Brice
  • Joe A
    Re: New to Logic, can't change channel strip output destination in Express 9 (seems locked to output 1-2), thanks!
    Hi Brice - Logic Express 9 is pretty old software now, but all output options should be accessible in the I/O section output popup menu near the bottom of the channel strip [where I assume you're seeing Output 1-2]. In Logic Pro there'd be options there for [interface] Output or Bus, and I'd be surprised if you couldn't route a track to a bus/Aux in Express as well. If you haven't already done so, try the routing in a new, fresh Project just to be sure it's not some kind of corruption in the current Project [and of course the usual troubleshooting steps -- close/reopen Logic, shutdown/restart the computer].. Maybe in Express you need to create the Aux [destination] first? Maybe you have to enable bussing in the Preferences? I'm just guessing, I never owned or used Express, and of course I have no way to check it out here at this point.. AFAIK the main difference between Pro and Express was the omission of a number of plug-ins, not any limitations on such a basic signal routing feature as bussing. [GarageBand is limited in that way, but Logic Express's feature set was always much closer to Logic Pro]. MPV has a number of older courses that cover Logic Pro 9, that should be applicable to Express as well: https://www.macprovideo.com/library/application/logic?afid=E470KLQ7r9 [under Logic 9] You could look through them for any videos on bussing, but while that particular functionality should apply to Express I can't say that for sure. However it seems like you know where to go to make that setting, you're just not seeing the expected options.. Just curious -- if you're a new Logic user why so old a version? The current version of Logic [Pro X] is only $200.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: