Ask.Video
Forums
  • Tcap
    move music from reason to protools
    Hi, I created a song in reason and i want to move the tracks over to protools to record vocals with it, how do i do that? can someone show me how? PLEASE!
  • Groovizm
    Re: move music from reason to protools
    I think there are two ways to go: 1. Under file you can choose to export a song or a loop as a wav or aif file. Reason will export anything on your main outputs, so if you want seperate files for separate tracks you will have to solo all channels one by one and export them. 2. Running Reason as a rewire slave in Protools, you can run both at the same time in sync. This allows you tweak your reason arrangement while working with the vocals in ProTools. I myself would run reason over different tracks into ProTools. That wasy you can use protools plug ins on the reason tracks, or you could record the outputs fom reason into protools. If you don't know how to set this up, go here: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct03/articles/protoolsnotes.htm
  • Ramon
    Re: move music from reason to protools
    Hey dude it's called bouncing or audio rendering. I was going to type it but here is the quickest and most effective way courtesy of the prop heads themselves there's rewire bouncing for other applications such as Digital Performer, Logic, etc.. http://www.propellerheads.se/substance/rewirehelp/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=protools4
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: