Ask.Video
Forums
  • alexbutterfield
    Install Reason 4 with Mac PPC?
    I recently purchased the upgrade to Reason 4 but haven't yet installed it. Now I read on Propellerheads' site the following: [i]"Propellerhead are very much aware that the performance of Reason 4 on PowerPC Macs is currently not where we'd like it to be. This is primarily because we have migrated to Apple's latest development environment. While the new environment delivers very efficient code for Intel-based Macs, there are some areas where the PowerPC code is less efficient. We have been working hard, both on our own and together with Apple to fix this but have not found a way to improve the performance on Reason for Power PCs, over what it is today."[/i] I'm running Reason (as well as Pro Tools LE & Logic Pro 7.2) on an iMac G5 1.8 gHz computer. Does it make sense to install this upgrade on this computer? Will it just run slow as molasses (and drag down the DAWs it is ReWired to)? Anyone familiar with running Reason 4 on this type of set-up who can offer advice? I'd love to have the new features but not at the cost of tearing out what little hair I have left over performance. Thanks.
  • Jesop
    Re: Install Reason 4 with Mac PPC?
    well......to give you the opinion from the other side, i had a problem with sample playback in reason 3 when i my macbook. propellorheads told me its an issue with intel machines and reason, which they 'fixed' with reason 4, but wouldn't be fixing for reason 3.....very annoying so if their actualy telling you theres problems with the PPC code,id give it a miss....veeeeery annoying conditions to work under....
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: