Ask.Video
Forums
  • Nightbreeze DJ
    Refills
    I downloaded a few free refills from Propellarhead.se last night. However, I am rather new to reason and do not know how to use these. I can see them on my computer but not sure how to get them into reason and put them to use. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Refills
    Hi Nightbreeze, welcome to MacProVideo forums! Reason refills can be used by the NN-XT instrument in Reason. In the NN-XT sampler click on the browser patch (the little icon of a folder) and navigate to where you have the refill files on your computer. The format you will now see for the files are .sxt. Cheers Rounik
  • Nightbreeze DJ
    Thanks Rounik. I will give that a try this evening. Do you know of any good interactive tutorials? I have a 3hr course that I have watched but would really like to find something that actually lets me do the work. Thanks again.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Nightbreeze I'd really recommend the MacProVideo tutorial ;-) Both of them would be great to help you get on your feet: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/browse/reason[/url] Check through the contents for each one and browse the preview videos if you haven't already. Rounik
  • mPV Support
    [quote:41897]I can see them on my computer but not sure how to get them into reason and put them to use. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks[/quote] Also, it's it's very useful to add a shortcut to the your refills folder in the Reason File Browser under "Locations". Just navigate to the folder using Reason's browser and drag it to "Locations". This way, you will have quick access to all your refills. Just a tip!
  • Nightbreeze DJ
    Rounik, I tried what you said last night but it not even show the files. My guess is that the files are not saved under the correct file type. FYI - I went to Propellerheads.se, to the downloads page and on the left hand side there is a "Electromechanical 2.0 download. I simply clicked on it and said save. The file icon actually looks like a Word Pad document would look like. I will try again tonight to re-download it to see if I can affect how it is saved.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Nightbreeze I'm not using a pc so i'm not sure what a wordpad doc. would look like. Is the resulting file compresses? Would it help you uncompress it after it's downloaded? Try re-downloading and let us know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • mPV Support
    As Rounik said, it's possible that your file is compressed. Is the file extension ".zip" ?
  • Nightbreeze DJ
    NO. It is a .Efw file
  • mPV Support
    [quote:41897]NO. It is a .Efw file[/quote] Replace the ".efw" extension by ".zip" and open the file in a ZIP utility application. It should decompress correctly now.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: