Ask.Video
Forums
  • Gabe is Clueless
    Problems with Midi Recording and Instrument Controls
    I have been using the same reason 3.0 program for years and have never had any problems until lately. Recently, I have needed to manually switch which instrument I am using in the "advanced midi section" of the virtual midi out, rather than simply readying the instrument in the transport area. In addition, I also cannot record any music by playing it with a midi keyboard. I can only program music note by note. Thinking it was a problem with Reason, I unistalled and re-installed but to no avail. I even tried older and newer versions of Reason. Still no luck. So now I believe that it may be a Mac issue. Some setting that was changed some how. Intel Mac - OSX 10.4.11 2 x 2.66 GHz Duel-Core Intel Xeon 4 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 FB-DIMM I am not a newbie but I am stumped on this. Any help wold be appreciated.
  • mPV Support
    Re: Problems with Midi Recording and Instrument Controls
    Hi Gabe, Make sure that "Use with Reason" is checked under Reason > Preferences > Keyboards and Control Surfaces. Also, "Standard" should be selected in the same preferences window under "Master Keyboard Input". Let me know if it works! Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: