Ask.Video
Forums
  • Reason 3.0
    Reason 4.0 music notes not moveing together in edit mode
    To Whom It May Concern: Hello, my name is Elijah and I make beats in Reason 4.0. I came upon a problem that needs to be addressed. I hope you can help me solve this issue. I am glad that Reason 4.0 gets my beats on timing because I do not use quantize or the metronome click. In Reason 4.0 they made this thing on the top of the sequencer called a Pos: This Pos: has numbers i.e. Pos: 8.1.2.57 and now I can move my music notes in the sequencer very, very little so it can come on beat and on timing with my other music notes in the sequencer. It does come on beat and on timing with my other music notes in the sequencer so THANK YOU PROPELLERHEAD. Thank you for adding the Pos: in the sequencer. Concerning my previous problem that I wrote you I found out why my music notes get jammed together. I was highlighting my music notes in the sequencer and I clicked on the last number part in the Pos: i.e. Pos: 7.2.3.27. I would click on the number 27 and click on the down arrow if I want to move the music notes to the left, Or click on the up arrow if I want to move the music notes to the right. So as a result, I highlighted my 3 music notes and I clicked on the up arrow to move the 3 music notes to the right. I held down the up arrow button and the numbers in the Pos: were going up one at a time i.e. 1, 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 but since I was holding down the up arrow button it went from 1 to 20 in two seconds. All of a sudden I see my 3 music notes move towards the right but the 3 music notes were not moving to the right at the same exact time. The 1st and 2nd music note were not moving to the right like my 3rd music note. My 3rd music note would move to the right first, then my 2nd music note would move to the right second, and then my 1st music note would move to the right third. Keep in mind that the Pos: numbers are going fast and I am watching the 3 music notes going to the right but not together. Now I know why the music notes gets jammed together. If they have a little space between them, Because every time you highlight two music notes or more and move the music notes a little bit to the left or right or copy the notes and paste it, the music notes will not look the same or sound the same way as the other music notes. Why, well because the music notes do not move together, they move one at a time which messes up the timing of my beat. I mean the music notes that I move a little bit to the left or right or copy the music notes and paste it in the sequencer does not sound that much off beat and off timing but it’s about 3 to 4, or maybe more seconds off beat and off timing. Understand that I can fix the music notes and go on and make it sound on beat and on timing but that’s 30 times more work for me because not only do I have to copy a 2 to 4 bar melody that I made and paste it again and get my new 2 to 4 bar melody to come on beat and on timing with my other melody that I copy and paste with. Now I also need to listen to every music note in the new 2 to 4 bar melody that I copy and paste with, it is not going to sound the same way like how my other 2 to 4 bar melody sounds. I mean I can move the new 2 to 4 bar melody and move it to get it on timing with my other 2 to 4 bar melody and it will be on timing with my other 2 to 4 bar melody that I copy and paste with but the new 2 to 4 bar melody will be off beat a little bit while my other 2 to 4 bar melody that I copy and paste with will be on beat. The reason why is because anytime you move or copy and paste 2 or more music notes in the sequencer in edit mode, for some strange reason the music notes that you copy and paste with or moved in the sequencer or in edit mode wont be on beat with other music notes that you made in the sequencer because the music notes do not move together at the same exact time. Even when you copy like 2 or more music notes and paste it again and press play in the sequencer to hear the new two music notes you will be like wait a minute something is off beat and you will be like how can that be? Like I said before the reason why is because for some strange reason, Reason 4.0 I guess needs to change the way it reads the music notes when you copy the music notes and paste the music notes in the sequencer. Also Reason 4.0 I guess has to not move the music notes at the same exact time because I guess it’s not programmed to move the music notes at the same exact time. It is also not programmed to have my music notes that I highlight and go to the edit menu and click on copy and then go to the edit menu and click on paste and have my new music notes that I just paste with to sound exactly the same way and on beat with the music notes I just copy with. Is there any way I can highlight music notes and have the music notes move at the same exact time instead of the music notes I highlighted and it moves the music notes one music note at a time? Also is there anyway I can highlight my music notes and go to the edit menu and click on copy and then go to the edit menu and click on paste and have my music notes that I just paste with to sound exactly the same way as my other music notes that I just copied with? Without having to fix my music notes that I just paste with because Reason 4.0 automatically changes the way my music notes sound on beat together instead of Reason 4.0 having my music notes that I just paste with to sound exactly the same way my other music notes that I just copied with? Please help me, I would really appreciate it. Sincerely, Elijah
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: