Ask.Video
Forums
  • pmckendry33
    Trouble installing Reason 4
    I got a copy of Reason 4 from my friend. He was able to install it easily but i am having some difficulties. When I open the program after dragging it into my applications, after i agree to the terms of use a notice comes up saying--"could not copy the Orkester sound bank since the file or the Reason application on your hard drive is locked."-- How do I unlock this so i can finish installing and run the program?
  • mac midi guy
    Re: Trouble installing Reason 4
    [quote:][/quote] If your friend provided you with a burned DVD using Toast ( not Apple;s Disk Utilities )of the Reason "installer" DVD simply drag the Reason folder to the alais of the Applications folder. Once copied launch Reason from your hard drive while the burned DVD is still in the drive. It will/should start copying the Orkester Sound Bank automatically to your hard drive and start copying the Factory Sound Bank automatically to your hard drive. I do believe it's all part of Propellerheads copy protection. Good luck my friend because Reason is awesome recording studio.
  • mac midi guy
    [quote:][/quote] If your friend provided you with a burned DVD using Toast ( not Apple;s Disk Utilities )of the Reason "installer" DVD simply drag the Reason folder to the alais of the Applications folder. Once copied launch Reason from your hard drive while the burned DVD is still in the drive. It will/should start copying the Orkester Sound Bank automatically to your hard drive and start copying the Factory Sound Bank automatically to your hard drive. I do believe it's all part of Propellerheads copy protection. Good luck my friend because Reason is awesome recording studio.
  • SpunkMastrFlx
    Yo! i figured it out. when you open reason and it asks you to drag it into the applications folder, there is a folder below the applications folder with sound bank something arather, also drag that into applications folder then try opening reason from the applications menu
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: