Ask.Video
Forums
  • J-Doc
    my sounds in reason 5 lower for some reason(pun intended lol)
    I recently created a song in reason and mixed it ....(lowering and raising different levels) and when lets say the 808 hits when the clap does the sound of both seems to be pushed down like I have the clap lever all the way up and i can barely hear it when the 808 does... what's going on ... and can somebody explain some techniques to make the final mix sound professional plz... thanks
  • J-Doc
    Somebody help
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: my sounds in reason 5 lower fo...
    Hi Herbert, What effects / effect racks do you have setup? Have you tried to mix these sounds using EQ to give each their own space? I'm not very familiar with Reason yet... being mainly a Logic user... do you have effects called limiters in Reason? These will help to give your overall sound a "louder" feel. First you need to use volume, pan, compression and eq and reverb to mix your individual sounds, to give them their own space in the mix. Then add effects like Limiters to 'master' the entire song. HTH Rounik
  • J-Doc
    Thank you I am trying to use reason as well as logic and I just need to better understand effects in general so that I can get a better understanding. Is there a tutorial for that because I need to now how to make a pro sounding mix and a final mastered sound. Thanks and which brand of monitors powered would you recommend
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: