Ask.Video
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Reversing Drums in Reason
    It's all here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/propellerhead-reason/quick-tip-reversing-drums-propellerheads-reason[/url]
  • tintala
    Re: Reversing Drums in Reason
    what about thru KONG though? Someone told me set up the same drum patch put one in reverse and put those in the same mute groups In kong , how do I reverse a snare , put that snare at the end of the bar(rvsd) and the rest go back to normal... I use kong alot, and still need to do this.
  • tintala
    Hey thanks for the link , i keep forgetting about these written tuts.,
  • tintala
    but I need to reverse drums in KONG!>!?
  • movolans
    Hi tintala, Rounik informed me about this post and I think I might be able to help ;) If you are using samples (as opposed to synthetic or physical drum modules) as your sound source, reversing a sound in Kong is pretty easy. When you load a sound in Kong a Nano sampler will automatically be generated and possibly the fastest way to reverse your sound is to use the non destructive reverse button at the bottom of the Nano's interface... [img]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4717/screenshot20110124at173.png[/img] Alternatively you can hit the 'edit sample' button at the top of the Nano and enter the sample editor, this can then be used to reverse your sample and perform other useful edits... [img]http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4717/screenshot20110124at173.png[/img] Hope this helps! Mo
  • tintala
    Thank you very much Rounik for forwarding my question, and Thank you MO VOLANS for answering the question! I really appreciate that.! However, when I go back to the normal snare sound in kong, this also makes the reversed sound go back to normal, not reversed, does this make sense? How do I keep the normal snare in the kit and the same snare "reversed" in the same clip without it changing back to the normal snare.?
  • movolans
    Hi there. I'm not 100% sure I know what you mean. It should stay reversed? If you want both the forward and reversed samples I would put them on different pads. Is that what you mean? If not.. try and re-phrase and i'll try to re-answer ;) Mo
  • tintala
    I think putting the same drum on different pads will do, but someone suggested using mute groups to use both normal and reversed snares in the same clip? Does this make sense? Or is it better just to have 2 pads, one normal and one reversed? only problem is I am running out of pads. thanks Mo , anyhow your video tutorials are a huuge help!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: