Ask.Video
Forums
  • Wyxevia
    Running Native Instruments with Reason/PT 9
    Dear MacPro community, I am running PT 9 and have recently purchased Komplete 8 and and reason 6. My intention for buying Reason is to use it as a rewire within PT 9, and NI of course as both pluggins and in stand alone mode. However.... I have been watching the tutorials on Reason and "REALLY" like the simple interface with MIDI in comparison to PT9. My question therefore is this: Does reason work with NI pluggins?? Will I have to run a rewire with Reason and NI? I'm mostly PT user, and was Wondering if it's best to just stick with my most familiar DAW and just use reason as a rewire and use NI as pluggins. I am working on both audio recording and MIDI tracks. Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated! Cheers! Bobby B
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Running Native Instruments with Reason/PT 9
    You can run Reason via Rewire in PT, then in PT you can insert the NI plugins to use with Reason. You can make use of PT's auxillary channels to make further use of Reason's Rewire so that you can process individual Reason channels with NI's plugins in PT.
  • Wyxevia
    Hi Gary! Thanks for the advice and that sounds like the best approach. Do you know if there is a video tutorial on rewire with reason and PT? Cheers! Bobby B
  • GaryHiebner
    Re:
    HI Bobby B, I answered your question here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/audio/pro-tools&id=37721[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: