Ask.Video
Forums
  • Jimi Jay
    Recording in 'comp mode' for Reason instruments
    Hi, can anyone tell me if recording in 'comp' mode with loop function is possible with Reason instruments like ID8, Thor, Subtractor, etc..?? I've done it with a regular audio track with my guitar, but for the life of me can't seem to get the same thing to work with Reason's instruments. Is it a matter of creative routing? I've gone through a ton of tutorials here and can't seem to find a clear answer even in the gigantic user manual. Any help with this would be very welcomed! Thanks!
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Recording in 'comp mode' for Reason inst...
    Hi jimijames, What version of Reason are you using? Unfortunately I do not use Reason, but will try assist as much as possible.
  • Jimi Jay
    Thanks for the reply Gary, I got the following piece of advice from someone in the Reason user forum. I'll pass it on for anyone who might need the info in the future: "On the mix channel of the instrument, under the meter, click the "Rec Source" button. Then choose the correct input on the audio track that your using for recording. Then record as usual." It takes a few extra steps but does just fine as a workaround. Thanks again.
  • GaryHiebner
    Thanks jimijames, Glad you figured it out. Thanks for posting the advice here for others to see.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: