Ask.Video
Forums
  • Jay Hats
    Can't install Soundtrack Pro 8 with Lion
    Hello everybody, I've got a stupid issue: I run Logic 9, which I bought as an upgrade from 8. I've uninstalled Soundtrack Pro because I didn't like it that much. Now I would like to give it another try..... But within Lion, version 8 does no longer install..... And I need to, because from there I can upgrade to 9. Anyone have a suggestion how to operate from here??? Thanx in advance. Jay
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Can't install Soundtrack Pro 8 with Lion
    Hi Jay, welcome to the forums! You're right. Logic 8 installer will not work with Lion. However, if you intend to use Logic 9 anyway - then there is no need to install Logic 8 first. Simply purchase the Logic 9 upgrade box and install it. You'll need the serial number from Logic 8 and the serial number that comes with Logic 9 upgrade too. That's all there is to it! Hope that helps Rounik
  • Jay Hats
    Hi Rounik, Thanx for your reply. I bought the 9 upgrade when it came out, and Logic is doing just fine. Its Soundtrack that I can not use. I'v uninstalled the package a while back. So now Lion is not installing the original-full package 8 (not the upgrade) anymore, I can not upgrade from there..... Hmmm...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jay, Insert the Logic 9 Install Disc in the drive and run the installer. The Logic 9 upgrade discs are exactly the same as the Logic 9 full version discs. You should find you're the option to install ALL the content including SoundTrack Pro 3. HTH Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: