Ask.Video
Forums
  • Kustomkid
    Transpose not working when in Keyscape
    I have a Korg SP-500...not sure when it was made...bought it used. maybe its old...Got the keyscape program just recently...awesome plug in...After working with a recording pro at my house we got the logic pro x and keyscape all working together. After he left I changed my key down a few notes (not changing octaves)-key changes because I have a low voice....and when connected to keyscape it doesnt audibly change the sound even though I went down to -3. So my connection is a midi cable from my Korg out to my Focusrite midi in....then the usb cable to my mac where the keyscape and logic are. My same friend did it at his house with a midi controller keyboard and his worked fine...Is my board too old for this to work right or do I need to change some kind of midi setting in my Korg? I sent in a request to keyscape support but just asking here in the meantime. Thanks for any help...oh by the way i see you can change the key on any track after recording in Logic pro but i want it to work live just using keyscape alone or live with Logic pro-before recording a track.
  • Joe A
    Re: Transpose not working when in Keyscape
    It's possible to transpose incoming MIDI [as you play live] in Logic in the Region Inspector [click the little "i" icon at the upper left and open the top "Region" tab]. With NO Regions selected the name of that tab will read "Region: MIDI Defaults" -- if you set the Transpose value there it will transpose all incoming MIDI on the fly as you play [you'll hear incoming notes at the transposed pitches], and any MIDI Regions recorded will have that Transpose value active [though you can still change it after the fact as well]. Don't forget, as long as it's set to Transpose there, that transposition will be in effect for all incoming MIDI on all tracks in that Project..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: