Ask.Video
Forums
  • JamieInNC
    Trilian and the arpeggiator...
    Does anyone know if there is a way to automate the octave parameters on the arpeggiator in Trilian so that they can be changed to the 1, 2, or 3 octave setting without having to use controls or live manipulation? I built a neat sounding bass that sounds even better when the octave range is changed randomly and I'd prefer to have Logic do it for me than have to deal with timing issues on the fly with controls. Thanks all! Jamie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Trilian and the arpeggiator......
    Hi Jamie Is it not possible to use the MIDI Learn function in Trilian? Right-click on the Octave parameter should show a contextual menu with options for 'MIDI Learn' and 'Host Automation'. I haven't tried this out... Let me know if it works for you! :) Rounik
  • JamieInNC
    Hi Rounik, It does have midi learn and automation when right clicked, but there are no options to actually learn or automate like there are with other buttons or faders within trilian. The only options I get are as follows: Save template Load template Unlearn next midi device Unlearn next parameter Make midi learned controls omni Unlearn all midi learns Clone part 1 midi learns Jamie
  • Rounik Admin
    Oh... that's a shame... time to email this as a feature to Sprectraonsics.... from your (sob) iPad... ;-) Rounik
  • JamieInNC
    Oh wait until you get your hands on one... Jamie
  • Rounik Admin
    ... yup... that's what I'm doing... waiting. Feels like a long, long wait... and I had promised myself I would wait for iPad v2... but that wait feels too long now! :) R
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jamie, Just wanted to say (i can't keep it to myself!) I got hands-on finally with the iPad a couple of nights ago. There were just the standard apps and Pages and Numbers, but you know I'm really impressed! It's going to be even harder for me to resist it now! :)
  • JamieInNC
    That's great, Rounik! I downloaded the AC-7 pro that was mentioned in the thread about the iPad in the other forum, and it worked well for a second, but interfered with my keyboard controller. When I was able to have it operate correctly, it was amazing! The touch controls were really quite responsive and I had almost no latency. I would recommend getting that one as one of your first apps. I think it is my controller that is messing things up, so I wouldn't be concerned that it's the app. Glad you got to see one in real life! I'm sure great things will come from it once more apps are created for music making! Jamie
  • Rounik Admin
    Nice! I think Apple have really come up trumps with the iPad. There are going to be some amazing music, graphic, video content creation apps coming for the iPad. I think the next 3/4 years are going to be fascinating... :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: