Ask.Video
Forums
  • Richard L
    How to get Live to send program change messages to Omnisphere
    I'm trying to figure out how to get Ableton Live to send program change messages to Omnisphere in Omni's Live mode. I have successfully programmed my AKAI mpd26 to send program change messages and Omni responds as hoped. However, I'm now in Live's Session View and trying to get the Bank/Sub bank/Program "boxes" filled out correctly so I have Live Mode program change control with my clips. I've tried a host of different combinations without getting the straightforward control I want. I have used Omni's midi learn to set Omni to respond to Program Changes 1 - 8 to select Omni's Live Mode "pads" 1 - 8 using my mpd26. It works perfectly with my mpd26. I used no most/least significant byte messages. I used only channel 1A on my mpd26. How do tell Live to send program change messages 1 - 8 from a clip to Omni? Richard
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How to get Live to send program change messages to Omnispher
    OK. I answered your question in the Ableton forum - but having re-read this see that you want to send the PC message to Omni. Is Omni hosted in Ableton? You'll need to send the MIDI out of Ableton and then back in to Ableton... I see you're using a Windows PC? Not quite sure what to suggest on the Windows side of things... Let me know how you get on. R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: