Ask.Video
Forums
  • Wyzohii
    issues re-authorizing Spectrasonics plugs
    I'm running a dual core Mac Pro, OS X 10.6, .. running Logic. My hard drive recently crashed and I've needed to re-authorize my pluggins. Haven't had any issues except for Spectrasonics. Neither Omnisphere, Trilian or Stylus RMX gives me a Challenge code for me to enter into the Spectrasonics website. Oddly enough it gives a Response code. I've tried everything I know to remedy the situation and nothing's worked. I've run each synth in demo mode so I know they work properly. Here's a list of the steps I've taken in troublshooting : 1. updated all latest synths 2. tried authorizing in another platform, (DP7) 3. tried authorizing under a new user account 4. tried a full re-install of Trialian 5. tried using VST Lord Any help in knowing what else to try is welcome. I've re-installed and re-authorized several times over the years and have never had this issue. thanks g
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: issues re-authorizing Spectrasonics plugs
    Hi guyz, Welcome to the forums! What version of 10.6 are you running? 10.6.7? What version of Logic? 9.1.4? Have you tried authorising in GarageBand? I'd also recommend contacting the nice guys over at Spectrasonics Support. Cheers Rounik
  • Wyzohii
    Hey Rounik, thanks for the response. I'm running 10.6 and 9.1.4 in Logic. Yes, .. tried authorizing in Garageband too. No luck. guy still trying to get some answers from tech support at Spectrasonics but they're baffled too.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hmmm, that is odd! What exact version of OSX are you running?? Click on the Apple menu (top left) and choose "About This Mac" Also, try moving the Spectrasonics preference files to the desktop and then re-authorising. Go to *Your Home folder* / Library / Preferences / and move: net.spectrasonics.V1.plist net.spectrasonics.V4.plist to your desktop temporarily. Now launch Logic and try re-authorising. ---- Also try repairing permissions: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] Any luck? Do you have any additional software like Little Snitch running that may block an application from 'calling home'? Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: