Ask.Video
Forums
  • PlasticDoll
    Omnisphere 2.5 Hardware Synth Integration: gorgeous synths, but do we get the sounds?
    Hello all, and thank you for allowing me to participate here. I am a longtime music pro and teacher, and have a strong interest in Omnisphere. Before i buy though, quick question. The beautiful synth sounds, each characteristic of the synth they're referencing in this demo for Omni 2.5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BypwhO0IDy0 and also at the NAMM expo for Omni 2.6 feature such beautiful synth sounds, the Moog Voyager, Nord, the Roland and Korg synths, etc... I get the point about the integration with hardware synths, if you're lucky enough to own them... but can a user of 2.6 call up those sounds and play them as usual with his keyboard controller? Are they available as patches? Thanks so much for any reply.
  • Joe A
    Re: Omnisphere 2.5 Hardware Synth Integration: gorgeous synths, but do we get the sounds?
    Hi PlasticDoll - As far as I can tell, the "hardware integration" they're referring to is simply a more advanced setup for using the controls (knobs, sliders, etc) on specific hardware synths to control/program parameters in Omnisphere, which then will mimic the sounds/parameters of the specific synth(s) being used as a controller, but the sounds are coming from Omnisphere itself -- so even with a generic controller keyboard I'm sure the sounds would still be the same. The documentation talks about controlling *Omnisphere sounds* with hardware controls: https://support.spectrasonics.net/manual/Omnisphere2/25/en/topic/hardware-synth-integration As to whether all those patches are included with a base purchase of Omnisphere, or if you have to purchase then as extra $ expansion packs, I guess you'd have to check with Spectrasonics, but I don't see any expansion packs in their webstore, so I'd guess everything is included in a basic install..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: