Ask.Video
Forums
This thread has been flagged as solved.
  • Student451239
    Omnisphere Arpeggiator with Ableton Live 10 (16th notes plays 32 notes)
    Hi Guys, So I turned my PC on today only to find when playing Omnisphere's arpeggiator in Ableton Live 10, 16th notes plays as 32 notes. I have searched everywhere, but cannot find the solution. So, I open Omnisphere in Ableton Live 9 and wouldn't you know it the Arpeggiator plays 16th notes as 16th notes. So my thinking is it probably is something in Live 1o, but for the life of me I cannot determine what it is. Any help on this would be fully appreciated. Thanks guys Christian
  • Joe A
    Re: Omnisphere Arpeggiator with Ableton Live 10 (16th notes plays 32 notes)
    Hi Christian - I don't have Omnisphere or Live 9 to compare to here, but I tried a couple other third-party plug-ins with arpeggiators and they all played 16th-notes as 16th-notes when synced [in the plug-in] to session tempo in Live 10.The only thing in Live that I can think of that might cause something like that that might be the half-time/double-time setting in the MIDI editing panel? if Live were doubling up on the playback speed of notes that are triggering the arpeggiation, then I guess -- depending on the pattern -- that could seem like it was playing an arpeggiated sequence at double-time..? Other things to test.. - Does it happen in other Live 10 sessions - Does it happen with other plug-in arpeggiators - Did you try the usual troubleshooting tests [close/reopen Live, shutdown/restart the comptuter]
  • Student451239
    Hi Joe, It is only Omnisphere. I ran Trilian’s Arpeggiator at 16th notes and it plays at 16th notes so I am stumped on this. As I said live 9 plays omnisphere at 16 notes correctly but not live 10 all of a sudden. Totally stumped on this one. Hopefully this is something silly which can be sorted, but need to sort very quickly. Help
  • Student451239
    Done all the usual stuff as well. All the below has been tried Does it happen in other Live 10 sessions - Does it happen with other plug-in arpeggiators - Did you try the usual troubleshooting tests [close/reopen Live, shutdown/restart the comptuter]
  • Joe A
    Hi Christian - The only other things I can think of are maybe to double-check the Clock Speed setting [Omnisphere Main page, make sure it's set to Normal] and the Speed setting [Omnisphere Arpeggiator page, make sure it's not set to double-speed]. Other than that I can't think of a likely reason without being able to play around with it.. Maybe as a temporary workaround you could set the Arpeggiator Clock in Omnisphere to 8th-notes or the Clock Speed to Half, to get it to play 16th-notes..? [at least until you figure it out]..
  • Student451239
    Clock speed is set to normal. I cannot see a speed option on the arppegiator page. Can you point this out to me Joe? Clock speed to half or 8th notes for now until i find the problem. If it us this speed option let me know where to find this please Joe Thanks buddy
  • Joe A
    Hi Christian - According to the online manual the additional Speed knob in the Arpeggiator section offsets the host tempo [see the pic below]..
  • Student451239
    Yes i have checked that Joe. Mine is set to centre which is host tempo yet still the behaviour is the same. Totally stumped Joe
  • Joe A
    Maybe it's a version-specific bug -- OS / Live / Omnisphere. A couple of searches turned up the occasional reference to similar timing issues but not this exactly -- it may be time to drop a note to Spectrsonics/Ableton tech support. In the meantime I guess the workaround will have to suffice..
  • Student451239
    Good Morning Joe, So, you would not believe it. The problem was with the default start up page when opening Ableton. For some reason this default state was corrupting Omnisphere resulting in this crazy behaviour. This is one for future reference so if myself or any one you know has this issue they will need to load a previous state where the plugin is working then save as default. I said it was something silly, however in all my years I have never seen this before. Joe, thanks for all your help and support. Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: