Ask.Video
Forums
  • Student482835
    RX8 in DAW vs Standalone - advantages/disadvantages
    Hi guys, I have a project with 40+ vocal tracks that I need to clean. I record beside my window on a fairly busy street with constant cars passing by. There isn't any honking to be concerned with but there is the constant whoosh of cars and trucks passing by. I also have room noise, lip smacking, and all the regular stuff audio can suffer from in addition to my particular car whoosh issue. I know the solution would be to find a better place to record but that's not an option, and I would still have the following question in any case since I'd still need to remove room noise, lip smacking, breaths, etc.. So I need to clean just about every track I ever record on any project I ever engage in. To this end, I bought the standard version of RX8. I'm torn between two approaches and wonder if anyone can advise: Option 1: 1. Save my project under a new name to make sure I can go back to the audio I had previously easily enough if need be 2. Open one track of the newly saved project in standalone RX8 3. Test out all the modules and decide which I need to use on my audio based on what they do and how well they do it on my audio 4. Save this module chain as a preset. 5. Use batch editing offline to apply this preset to every audio file in my project 6. replace the original files with the edited ones (I'm assuming RX8 has an option to replace original files with cleaned ones) 7. Reopen my project with the new, cleaned audio Otion 2: 1. Save my project under a new name to make sure I can go back to the audio I had previously easily enough if need be 2. Put RX8 on one track in my newly saved project 3. Test out all the modules and decide which I need to use on my audio based on what they do and how well they do it on my audio 4. Copy this RX8 module to each track in my project 5. Render or Freeze all tracks to print the RX8 changes to audio It seems these both accomplish the same end, using approximately the same number of steps. My question is am I missing any details anywhere that would make one of these options more risky, more difficult, less flexible than the other?
  • Joe A
    Re: RX8 in DAW vs Standalone - advantages/disadvantages
    I would think either approach could work. If I'm working/editing in the DAW then I tend to use the RX 8 plug-ins in the DAW whenever I can, but I don't have to deal with processing that many tracks with RX. Still, if you plan to render them all then that sounds like a viable option to me. However you may want to try it both ways on a small project and see which method feels more streamlined/efficient for your specific situation..
  • Student482835
    Re: RX8 in DAW vs Standalone - advantages/disadvantages
    Thanks a lot Joe. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a reason why either approach might be worse than the other. I'll try it out and see how that goes.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: