Ask.Video
Forums
  • Student495998
    Garageband and Guitar Rig 6
    Hi - Thanks in advance for your consideration of my question! I use Garageband (version 10.4.6) on MacOS BigSur (version 11.6.7) for some home recording. I use Native Instruments' Guitar Rig 6 Pro as an effects processor for my guitar tracks. The issue I'm having is I can hear the Guitar rig effects (amps, etc) when recording, but when I play it back, all I hear is the clean guitar tone. Am I missing something in the signal chain when playing it back? The goal is to hear the GR effects applied for playback after recording, so what I hear WHILE recording is what I hear AFTER recording when played back. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
  • Joe A
    Re: Garageband and Guitar Rig 6
    Hi - I can't duplicate that here. If I insert an amp sim plug-in on an Audio track and monitor it during recording, I can hear the effect both during the the recording and later in playback. I assume you're inserting the plug-in in a plug-in slot in GarageBand in the Smart Controls pane [shortcut 'B'] under Track > Plug-ins. I do have have a slightly older version of GB [10.3.2] under Mojave [10.14.6], and I had to use a different brand of plug-in to test [I don't own NI], but unless there's a bug in that later version of GB, AFAIK it should work the same way.. Besides the usual troubleshooting test [full shutdown/restart], maybe try it in a fresh GB Project, and make sure the plug-in is still active during playback and hasn't been bypassed [or shut off via automation?]..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: