Ask.Video
Forums
  • Student499908
    Midi controller for a DAW and an external
    using an M-Audio 61 MK III midi controller which has both a USB midi and a 5 pin midi output in the rear. I want to use the Controller to also send midi to a KORG PA4x arranger which receives midi and outputs AUDIO into my Audio interface. I run the USB directly into my MAC and my DAW software instruments work fine Can I send out midi from the M-AUDIO KEYSTATION 61 using the USB MIDI connection/cable and without moving things around control both the DAW and just sounds from the external KORG sounds, using a 5 PIN MIDI cable ( threw them out years ago ) out from the MAUDIO into the MIDI IN of the KORG? i.e. control the DAW and sounds from the KORG PA4x Thank you very much Glenn Losack Manhattan
  • Joe A
    Re: Midi controller for a DAW and an external
    Hi Glenn - I don't see why that wouldn't work, unless the M-Audio only sends data on one port at a time. But since it would be the same MIDI data going out USB & DIN, you might not be able to do both at the same time without interference [unless the DAW & Korg would be responding to different MIDI messages?]. If your workflow is track-by-track, then I guess it should work..
  • Student499908
    Re: Midi controller for a DAW and an external
    Joe, that you so much for your help greatly appreciated glenn
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: