Ask.Video
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Waveburner Bouncing
    Heh Rounik/Christian & everyone:) How ya doin? Rounik, I'm still having trouble BOUNCING my final Waveburner project b/c of clipping! I don't get it! When I click the check region for clipping button, all is fine. When I click the check disc for clipping button, all is fine. But when I go to BOUNCE the song, Waveburner says, "clipping detected @ 0:46:05, for example, and peak value @ 0.09dB, so I can't bounce the project:( I have a linear phase EQ, multipressor, and Limiter on the mix plug-in chain of the project, and nothing on the region plug-in side. What is happening? Thanks again. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Waveburner Bouncing
    Hey Jodie! Good thanks. How have you been? Back in Japan? Is the Limiter the last plug-in on the Mix Plug-ins list? What settings are you using in the bounce window? In fact... are you choosing "Bounce mix" or "Bounce region"? Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik. What's up? Yeah, I'm back in Japan now:) I had a great time back home in Canada:) Ya ever been to Canada? Yeah, the limiter is the last plug-in on the mix plug-ins list. The settings I'm using for the Bounce window are AIFF, 16bit, interleaved, no dithering. I was bouncing the song, one song, via the BOUNCE PROJECT icon. I just bounced the song via the Bounce Mix menu now and it bounced. Why didn't it work with the BOUNCE PROJECT icon? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, Never been to Canada - it's one place high up on my list of places to visit... ;-) I have no idea why it didn't work via the "Bounce Project Icon". Strange! By the way, it's a good idea to dither bouncing an audio file/project from 24bit to 16bit. There are 3 different dithering modes offered in Logic & waveburner... Best to dither at the last possible moment (just before burning to CD as dithering adds little bits of noise to smoothen out the 24bit to 16bit process.. OK. I hear you ask "what is dithering and why use it?" Check out the links: ;-) [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=10509&sid=#10528[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik. Yeah, that's strange why it didn't bounce using the BOUNCE PROJECT way! Anyway, maybe you could explain the difference b/w "bounce mix" & "bounce project" then? I'm assuming they are sort of the same, no? Thanks. Jodie p.s. Thanks for the dithering info. too:)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, I'll look into it for you as soon as I get a spare moment..so do bear with me ;-) Best Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, No worries:) Whenever you have time, teach me your stuff:) Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi J.F.! Thanks for clearing that one up for us :-) Take care, Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Hi J.F., How are you? Wow it's an honor to meet you:) I bought your Waveburner tutorial a few weeks ago and LOVE it:) Thanks for clearing up the Bounce Project vs. Bounce Mix question:) I understand the difference now:) You actually went into that a little bit in your tutorial, so I guess I just gotta practice more. Love the tracks on your tutorial CD:) Ironically, my band has a song called FUNKY MONKEY:) heehee:) Heh, check out my band's website if you're bored: http://www.ericmandalaandthetribe.com Thanks for your help J.F. Talk soon. Jodie Campbell
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: