Ask.Video
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Waveburner
    Hi Rounik, I think you're online now:) Heh, another Waveburner question about Bouncing: Let's say that I sent my Logic Pro 8 project to Waveburner, and I want to bounce the Waveburner project as both a PCM .aiff file & as an MP3
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Waveburner
    Hey Jodie, Wwaveburner is designed for burning to CD really, so you'd need to bounce the project or mix as an aiff and then convert it to mp3 in iTunes or Logic. Cheers :) Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Ahha, u r online! Heh, you got SKYPE? It'd be nice to put a Face to the Name:) OK, yeah, I didn't think you could bounce as an MP3. OK, when I convert it using iTunes of Logic, is either one better or are they the same? I mean, there is no quality loss using either iTunes or Logic, right? Thanks man. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, well... I was online ;-) I come and go quite frequently these days. I'm not much of a skype-er and I don't do a "face" very often. That's what I like about the net, I don't have to spend hours in the bathroom perfecting my hair before communicating ;-) Well, that's an interesting question. There are some who prefer using iTunes and others who prefer using Logic to convert to mp3. The nature of converting from pcm to mp3 means there will always be quality loss. mp3 is a compressed audio file format - so some of the quality does get sacrificed when compressing and making the file size smaller. Best to try them both out and listen to them to see which one you are happier with. Remember to check the mp3 conversion settings in iTunes (Preferences) and in Logic: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio [mp3] Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, OK no face-to-face chatting:( boohoo:( hahahaha:) I don't have to worry about my hair cuz I ain't got any! boohoo:( hahahaha:) I have a good-shaped head though, so I'm lucky:) DOH:) OK, just out of curiosity, which do you prefer; iTunes or Logic for converting to MP3? Another question here: When you say some of the quality gets sacrificed when compressing from pcm to mp3, what quality is actually getting sacrificed? Thanks buddy. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Ooo, we're getting deep... (not about the hair, about mp3!) OK. If you look at the file size of an aiff audio file and then compare it to the same audio file which has been converted to mp3, you'll notice the mp3 should be much smaller. It's fairly scientific so here is the wiki on mp3's: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3[/url] to give you more info. I tend to use Logic mostly, simply because I'm usually working on said project in Logic, but have used iTunes from time to time, with no real reason to my preference, except Logic is easier due to my workflow. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: