Ask.Video
Forums
  • Zicoceo
    Lacie Little Big Disk 1TB - Disk Utiltiy
    Hi, can you please give me step-by-step instructions on how to re-mount my Lacie Little Big Disk 1 TB on my Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Mid 2015) (macOS Catalina 10.15.3) as i've connected this via thunderbolt 2 port and i've not seen the image of this external hard drive been represented for it on the desktop, what do i need to do in disk utilities to remedy this and restore the external hard drive image for this particular Lacie Little Big Disk on my desktop? I encountered the following in Disk Utility: Uninitialised disk2s2 (Greyed out) Uninitialised dsik3v2 (Greyed out) disk 2s2 (Uninitialised) [511.77 TB] disk 3s2 (Uninitialised) [511.77 TB] Disk Utility - First Aid (Greyed out) Partition Erase Restore Mount Mount Point: Not Mounted Type: Uninitialised Capacity: 511.77 GB Owners: Disabled Avaialble: Zero KB Connection: SATA Used: — Device: disk2s2 / disk 3s2 And secondly once this issue of re-mounting and initialization has been resolved i would prefer to re-format & configurate my Lacie Little Big Disk 1TB from 2 x 511.77 TB (partition) to 1 x 1.02 TB, would you please be able to instruct me on how to do this? I trust you understand this issue and i patiently await your reply to my problem Kind Regards
  • Joe A
    Re: Lacie Little Big Disk 1TB - Disk Utiltiy
    Hi Zicoceo - A quick search on the LaCie website turned up this document regarding formatting the Little Big Disk Thunderbolt Series drive: http://manuals.lacie.com/en/manuals/thunderbolt-pro/formatting However it also said : "The two drives within the .. Little Big Disk Thunderbolt Series are pre-formatted as HFS+ Journaled for your Macintosh computer. Further, the disks have been preconfigured as a Striped RAID Set (RAID 0) for optimal performance." If your drive is not mounting out of the box then I would suggest you contact LaCie tech support directly, since a pre-formatted drive should have mounted automatically, and failure to do so may indicate some issue with the drive itself. (I seem to recall that some drives may need to be initialized at the factory..?) Since I'm not familiar with this particular dual-drive enclosure, I wouldn't want to speculate on why it seems to be lacking the pre-formatting referred to in the documentation—did it come like that directly from LaCie? The manual clearly expects you to be able to access the drives out-of-the-box in Disk Utility—if you can't access the various options as detailed there, then a call to LaCie support would definitely be in order. Actually, your post sounds to me like perhaps you did mean to send it to LaCie, rather than to a user discussion forum about Final Cut Pro X software..? ;-) Since this doesn't seem to be FCP-related I've moved the thread to the General > Gear sub-forum, where some other recent threads on general computer matters are located..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: