Ask.Video
Forums
  • Gebenoo
    RX8 Standard - Reducing Wind Noise
    Hi There, I know there is a dedicated 'wind noise' option in RX8 Advanced, but it's too much of a price hike for me. Is there any way to reduce wind noise using RX Standard. I've used repair assistant which has very slightly helped, but still not great. Thanks
  • Joe A
    Re: RX8 Standard - Reducing Wind Noise
    Hmm.. I went to the iZotope website to see which modules would be available in Standard, but it looks like they've re-configured their whole product line as subscription bundles, so no more Advanced vs Standard comparison chart.. (?!) AFAIK, most of the other modules that remove background noise work better with steady noise, rather than changing noise (like wind). I guess you could try Spectral De-noise or Voice De-noise (if they're included in Standard, again no more comparison chart) -- maybe one of them would help, at least with more steady background wind noise.. On the other hand, you could check out iZotope's new subscription bundles -- maybe there's a more reasonably-priced way for you to get what you need with that new sales model..
  • Gebenoo
    Hi There, Thanks for the reply. I did find a comparison chart here https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rx/features.html#compare The wind reduction is only in the advanced version. I already have quite a few of the products, so the subscription isn't so attractive to me (I didn't actually realise they had it!). However, I could go with it for one month and then cancel, which would certainly be better than paying out several hundred pounds to upgrade, so thanks for the heads up on that one :) Cheers
  • Joe A
    Hi - Hmm, that link takes me to a page that still doesn't list the specific modules in Advanced vs Standard -- it doesn't even mention Advanced or Standard, just RX Pro for Music, and I couldn't find a comprehensive list of all modules included in RX Pro that mentioned all of the modules that are/were exclusive to Advanced, so I'm not sure what to make of that.. I mean, I'd assume Pro would be equivalent to Advanced, but the text does say > RX Pro for Music gives you the essential plug-ins... Does essential indicate a subset of Advanced's modules, or everything..?. If it's a one-time fix you need to do, then temporarily subscribing might be a possibility -- or at least trying the demo version (I think I saw a mention of that) if it's available to a current user-- but before subscribing I'd think a call to iZotope would be in order, to clarify..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: