Ask.Video
Forums
  • EditingbyDavid
    Toggling Grab by Clicking Wheel Button
    RX8 Standard iMac i5 macOS Big Sur Standard 2 button / wheel mouse Currently, I have to press 'G' to turn on grab and 'T' to go back to Time Selection Tool. What I would like to be able to do is this: When I hold down the wheel button, I want to be in grab mode. When I release the wheel, I'd like to either go back to the Time Selection Tool, or, even better, back to whichever tool was being used before I pressed the wheel button. Can this be done?
  • Joe A
    Re: Toggling Grab by Clicking Wheel Button
    I don't see any way to do that [in RX8 Advanced], and there's no reference I could find in the manual about having an automatic default tool -- just the keys you mentioned for switching between those different tools. I experimented with modifier keys, but these only let me add to or subtract from Selector modes, or start playback with a mouse click, not switch tools. I did notice that with a Selector tool you can hover over a selection that's been made and the cursor will turn to a Grabber for moving that particular selection around. And you could grab the overview at the top to scroll without changing tools. FWIW..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become an Ask.Video Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: